Author Topic: Char strength problem  (Read 2682 times)

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Char strength problem
« on: May 22, 2009, 03:47:58 PM »
Anybody ever have a problem with a char gaining strength? I have a mule char that is maxed out GM wise, so no skill gains possible. I am currently using him as my miner, lumberjack, carpenter, tinker. He is a old char that I am using from an old account I re-activated. He was into magery and swords before so has High int and dex, moderate str. Actual stats are : 93 Str, 84 Int, and 55 dex so a total of 232. He HAS used a +20 stat scroll and with acct. age he has 250 stat cap.

I am trying to raise str. but it isnt happening. I have now mined for approx 40 hours, and NOTHING..NO Str gain at all. I have tried everything. I have set str up and dex down, I have tried setting int down and str up, I have tried setting both int and dex down and str up..nothing NO str Gain no matter what I do. I have tried paging a GM on two occasions..the first was the canned "look at the database" and the second I got this message...

"Greetings, and thank you for your page. 

With the current system, there is only a 1/20 chance to get a stat gain when you gain in skill, meaning there is only a 5% chance.  If you are not gaining skills at an optimal rate, it would appear that your stats may be stuck, when in fact they are not.  Due to the percentage being low it is not as easy as one would think to gain stats with the current system.  If you would like the stat gain percentage to be increased, please submit feedback via the UO Herald so that our development team may know that this is something that they player base would like to be changed.  Unfortunately, in game support will not alter a character's stats in anyway. 

Thank you for playing Ultima Online. Take care.

GM Cluina"

Stuck stats???? C'mon after 40 hours of mining I should have gained some str.

Any Ideas guys?

Thanks!

Toptwo
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Char strength problem
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »
Did you try my stats gainer?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:54:23 PM »
Sure didnt. I figured the mining alone would handle it....

:::smacks head:::::

Off to D/L TM's stats trainer

Thanks TM...gonna try it now!

Toptwo
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »
Give it a whirl, might not be possible with your character since it's already established.
Come play RIFT with me!

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »
It appears that even with an established char it works :)

Str up +5 so far and (hopefully) climbing.

Thanks TM!!!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »
Glad it works for you then..  Be sure to ad a little blurb to the script's thread since not many people really understand how useful that script can be.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: