Author Topic: DH keys (Irk)  (Read 7157 times)

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
DH keys (Irk)
« on: May 27, 2009, 02:16:11 PM »
alright, i finished my whammy and went to try out Dreadhorn last night with a reasonable amount of success for the first time. i had someone else with me to help explain the keys and what i needed to do in the zone but i showed him this youtube video and we couldnt figure out what exactly he was doing and why it was so easy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfTocCT212w

can anyone enlighten me?

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: DH keys (Irk)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »
From what I can tell.

He is using Ethereal Voyage or Honor and moving all the other changelings including the paragon out of the way so he can kill Irk.  Hence the invising and then not being attacked after. 

I hate UO vids on you tube cause its so damn blurry.  These people need to use razor and force higher resolution or play in full screen so they can get a clear video.  lol
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »
how does he get them to not attack them tho? is it the because of the desert? or invising?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »
Honor would have worn off. Is there a potion that causes them to ignore?

He might have an area peace spammer in the cave.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
He honored himself and began luring Spite and Guile into the desert. This really allows you the freedom to chain Dreadhorn and gather as many keys as you want. Once Guile and Spite are 'lured' away gathering keys becomes a cakewalk and there is virtually no danger so long as you can deal with Irk one on one.

He attacked Guile then ran into the desert and tried to break agrro by using an invisibility potion but it didn't go as he was interrupted... so he was forced to run  back down into the swamp and then back into the desert to try another invis potion. Then he lured the Paragon Changeling to the desert and drank another invis potion. Lastly he runs all over until he finds Spite, lures him to the desert and an drinks an invis potion again.

Since he's honored no monsters will attack him until honor runs out. Give that it took him 2:54 it looks like he invoked self honor at Knight of Honor which gives you a 5 full minutes.

I always bring a stealther Ninja on a second account to lure Spite and Guile into the desert. It makes the entire process much easier and less hectic. Dealing with Irk, Spite and Guile all at the same time can make it challenging.

The Key to Dreadhorn Key gathering is to know where all the monsters are at all times. In a second things can get harry in there.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:18:30 PM by Ultima »

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
So soloing Irk over and over can get you all the keys? Been a long time since I did Dreadhorn to be honest but I thought each one gave a different key and Irk was like the brain or somethin.....

Sorry for the noob question.....just wasnt sure if taking on Irk one on one would get you all the keys eventually with all the others lured away like that.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 08:10:27 PM »
So soloing Irk over and over can get you all the keys? Been a long time since I did Dreadhorn to be honest but I thought each one gave a different key and Irk was like the brain or somethin.....

Sorry for the noob question.....just wasnt sure if taking on Irk one on one would get you all the keys eventually with all the others lured away like that.

Yeah sorry solo'ing Irk will not get you all of the keys. I get ahead of myself and can be pretty vague sometimes...

You still have to collect ALL of the keys from the various monsters that drop them but Irk is the gatekeeper of the Dreadhorn so to speak. Irk's Brain is really the only 'hard' key to get the rest of the keys are relatively easy to acquire.  So once Spite and Guile are lured into the desert everthing becomes easy and your essentially free to kill Irk to your hearts content and farm as many keys 'Irk Brains' as you want.

What I usually do when I want to Chain Dreadhorn (somewhere between 5-8 runs) is gather Gnaw's Fang first...Go in the cave and get 5-6 fangs or whatever number Dreadhorns I intend on doing.

Then I lure Spite and Guile into the desert.

Then I kill Irk to match the number of Gnaw's keys I collected.

Then move to Lillith and Sabrix and collect those keys to match whatever number I've collected for the other two keys.

Thorny Briar spawns in the desert so there's not much to do there except pick it up and another one insta spawns somewhere else in the desert. Same with the Blighted Cotton which spawns in the swamps...all you have to do it pick it up.

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »
Gotcha....

I understand now...

Makes sense.

You run a samphire thru this process then and then solo dread with the samphire?

Or do you have a different template you collect the keys with and then turn the keys in with the samphire to solo Dread?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
I use a whammy.  Lots of things will work. I posted my template in our Sampire thread (page 16 I believe is where I posted the template that I'm currently using)

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=313.15

Good thread to read!

Against Irk I stay on a Swamp Dragon with Exceptional Barding.

For Dreadhorn I go intro wraith form.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:31:46 PM by Ultima »

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 09:15:01 PM »
by the time from my first post to this one i killed DH for the first time, then again for the second :) yay

i tried luring them once but i stayed too close and they kept interrupting my invis pots so i came back and just killed everything one by one and slowly worked my way through the zone getting the keys

but i think its safe to say hes on farm status. think the only way i could die is if i forget to curse wep (which almost happened once my first time)

i owe a lot of the info i got from that sampire thread posted above. lots of good info in there

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 09:35:28 PM »
Congratulations on soloing Dreadhorn!

I still remember clearly my first few times I went up against the corrupted Unicorn I got my head handed to me. My hands were shaking at the keyboard I was so nervous.

Good times! It's the little challenges like this that has kept my interest in the game.  ;D

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 06:27:48 AM »
haha, ya my very first time my hands were def shaking and i was looking all over the screen trying to figure out what im supposed to be doing, confused out of my mind, and shortly there after was eating dirt :)

any suggestions on what to try next?

was thinking about heading over to Mel with my tamer today

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 09:53:28 AM »
Prince Paroxysmus or Meraktus can be pretty challenging and always alot of fun ;).

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »
Nice avatar, Ultima!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »
Thanks TM. Bout time eh'?

That's the old school cover of the AD&D Book 'Legends and Lore' picturing Odin riding his 8 legged horse Sleipnir, his two faithful wolves Freki and Geri,  and his two ravens Huginn and Muninn.

I'm a big fan of the Vikings and Norse Mythlology as well as AD&D. 8)

Tags: