Author Topic: Taming and PvP...  (Read 2827 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Taming and PvP...
« on: June 03, 2009, 10:07:20 AM »
Does anyone know or know where to find the minimum and/or oprimum skills for controlling a Pet for use at PvP.  I hear all kinds of different numbers thrown at me, but I want to know the definitive answer.  Is 108 Taming and 110 Lore good enough to control a Dread mare?  How about a Greater Dragon?  Does the Lore skill number need to be higher than the taming or can you control with 108 Taming and 100 Lore?

If you know the answer, please share it.  Has someone put together a chart for determining these numbers.  OSI has been so helpful giving us the answers in the past (ya right!)

Also, to keep this thread going, I want to know what is the best Pet to use for PvP and in what situations?  Is a Dread mare better than a Cu?  What about a Hiryu?  Greater Dragons are great, but probably only in group situations as they are so slow and cumbersome. So what Pet should I use for what? 

ORACLE
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Taming and PvP...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:01 AM »
Sure, check THIS SITE for minimum taming requirements, then use their TAMING AND CONTROL CALC
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 12:35:18 PM »
Thanks Cerveza,

I noticed that Dread mares are not listed there, unfortunately. 

So what do y'all think is the "Best Pet" to PvP with?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:18:02 PM »
I can't believe Pacific Ranger's Council is still around! Jeeze, I used to go there when I first started playing this game and I thought at one point they had thrown in the towel.

I didn't see Greater Dragons or any ML tamable on the list though - I think these are where you want to start. Although a pair of well trained Bake Kitsune's (or however you spell it) have given me a much harder time "one-on-one" with my mage then Greater Dragon's have but GD's are really nice in spawn raids or general ganking, especially when they have been trained up. Try taking out a Necro/Tamer with a GD on the bridge in Despise LOL.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »
I can tell you that my dread mare was harder to control then my greater, I got by feeding my greater a lot when I was at 106 taming/110 lore.  I couldn't really use my dread until I was 110/115, it will still not follow commands at 110/117 sometimes.   I know my buddy uses his greater in pvp all the time at 105/120.  I use a CU and charger of fallen sometimes if you want to stay mounted. 

Tags: