Author Topic: Anyone have a good Strat for Putrifier and Travesty for Whammy?  (Read 4339 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Well, I have now beaten the following...keep in mind I need advice for a whammy.

DF + Gauntlet, easy and frustrating.
Dreadhorn, super easy
Baraccon, super easy
Lord Oaks, meh
Chief Proxy, long and boring
Rikktor
Mephitis
Semidar

Now is where my problem lies...

The Putrifier:

Anyone got any good strats for this guy?  It seems you just have to get lucky to down him, but maybe I am doing something rong, hes whoopin my butt.

Travesty:

Getting her keys was easy, she was easy until she morphed into me and started using paladin and necro skills.  Is a tamer just the best bet for this ho?  Or can a whammy solo her?  Any tricks?

Lady Mel:

I never actually got to fight her due to the satyres calming me, pricks...

How does grizzle stand up against a whammy?  And how about the crystal palace guy?  I use a soul defiler or whatever it is, so I wirlwind to take care of adds, or momentum strike if its just one.  I am just having some super problems with putrifier and travesty, the others would just be a great help.  Thanks guys.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a good Strat for Putrifier and Travesty for Whammy?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »
Travesty:

Getting her keys was easy, she was easy until she morphed into me and started using paladin and necro skills.  Is a tamer just the best bet for this ho?  Or can a whammy solo her?  Any tricks?

Wammy can solo her easy.

Use an undead talisman, when she copies your wraith form you do more damage.  I use a weapon w/ hit area, mana leech, ssi and lightning strike like crazy.

I took off parry to make her easier to hit also.  Use faction mace & shields to lower her d.  takes awhile but it's pretty easy.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 04:16:22 PM »
Yeah but how about collecting the keys OMG? You collect the keys on a whammy too?

Those damn Black Order Assassins and Mages are tough! I've been chased out of the Citadel two times now. >:(

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
Yeah but how about collecting the keys OMG? You collect the keys on a whammy too?

Those damn Black Order Assassins and Mages are tough! I've been chased out of the Citadel two times now. >:(

Yeah I use the same weapon w/ a soulseeker on switch for when I need stamina.  I don't like to divine fury because I don't have parry and can't afford the -20DCI.  I choose mace & shields to reduce the chance of missing because I usually spam momentum strike and/or whirlwind and don't have much HCI.  I also do the keys mounted on my parox. swampy for the damage reduction.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »
Well, I have now beaten the following...keep in mind I need advice for a whammy.

DF + Gauntlet, easy and frustrating.
Dreadhorn, super easy
Baraccon, super easy
Lord Oaks, meh
Chief Proxy, long and boring
Rikktor
Mephitis
Semidar

Now is where my problem lies...

The Putrifier:

Anyone got any good strats for this guy?  It seems you just have to get lucky to down him, but maybe I am doing something rong, hes whoopin my butt.

Coragin all those monsters are TOP TIER. You have to employ discordance against the Champion Bosses or else they're going to be a headache to down if your trying to do it all alone. Unfortunatelyd discordance has little effect on Peerless. Same goes with the Putrifier, he is absolutely nasty he needs to be discorded prior to engaging. Bring a Bard friend or a 2nd account that has Discordance.

I don't do any Champion spawning without my Bard right behind me. ;)

Discordance is the most powerful skill in the game PvM.

"Turns Balrons into Mongbats" 8)

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 02:54:43 PM »
Coragin, can you see anything you'd change in the order of this?  I have a script that should be right up your alley for doing peerless. :)  I'd love to have someone actively doing peerless to test it.  I'm basically just optimizing my order/logic now to maximize the script.  The order here *works* but its not optimal.  I need to get the timing for ls down so it does it EVERY swing, and my ls implimentation leaves a lot to be desired. :)  But it *WORKS*.  I also have a setup that checks mana to determine if a spell has been successfully cast... if anyone can recommend a better way... I'd really appreciate it.  It works well, but sometimes it "spams" out, and has to timeout casting.

Code: [Select]
       gosub CheckPause
        gosub ls
        gosub CurseWeapon
        gosub Evasion
        gosub Confidence
        gosub EnemyOfOne
        gosub ls
        gosub ConsecrateWeapon
        gosub CloseWounds
        gosub CleanseByFire
        gosub Refresh
        gosub DevineFury
        gosub Cure
        gosub Bandage
        gosub Dex
        gosub Str
        ;gosub Petal     ;Not implemented yet.  Soon, soon. :)  Petal sub down below.
        gosub HealPot
        ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
      }
      setUoTitle !UoTitle , Combat casting inactive.

gosub CleanseByFire
      gosub Cure
      gosub Bandage
      gosub CloseWounds
      gosub CheckWeight
      gosub CheckPause
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:58:16 PM by Scrripty »

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 05:01:11 PM »
I would add in

gosub bloodoath

I am assuming this is a whammy script to heal, cure, LS, CW, Str and AGI pot ect?  If so, the biggest problem I personally have is not knowing I have blood oath on me till its too late.

As far as the monster bosses I have been killing, I have done them all without discord, I know discord makes a big difference though, I have it on my tamer.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »
I have done most of this with just testing on Miasma.  I will be adding in an apple portion to eat apples at certain events... like oath, or Travesty curse... what have you.  I might do Remove Curse also, but that takes so long to cast unless you have 4/6... as it's designed now, you can choose between about 16 different options, and they all play together fairly nicely and in order, taking into account casting time, and lmc, regardless of how they are selected, based on importance and timing.  :)  Like Curse Weapon will always cast first, then evade, and so on.  Optimally you should only check what is ABSOLUTELY necessary tho, and the script requires some tweaking of options to fit template/character.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 07:31:46 AM »
You have Lightning Strike listed twice.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »
You have Lightning Strike listed twice.

Yea I only added LS because I have a friend testing it and he wanted me to add it, it's just there for testing and that was my way of fixing it so it would do it near every swing.  In the script itself it says that LS might never be put into the script because its so hard to get it to hit every swing... with how much the script actually does at the moment trying to get ls to hit every time is near impossible.  It hits about 50 percent of the time with those 2 subs in there tho...

Tags: