Author Topic: New to Spellweaving.  (Read 6837 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
New to Spellweaving.
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:42:01 AM »
Does anyone have any tips to accumulate the spellweaving spells?  I'm on a dead shard, so buying them from people doesn't work, so I'm left to find them myself.  Thanks for any tips!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New to Spellweaving.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:32:19 PM »
think i got alot from the monsters in ish. i believe thats where i get most of mine. i havent had to do it in awhile though

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:52:18 AM »
Farming Swoop or, even easier, Miasma has been where I've gotten most of mine.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »
Do they spawn on the lesser creatures?  I recently tried to do swoops, but it's nearly impossible with a mage unless I want to take 30 minutes per.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've picked them off minotaur corpses. Also if you have 120 Magery so you don't fail casting the EV you should be pretty safe dealing with Miasma. Not sure what shard you play on or how it's different but he will drop in 2-4 minutes with EV bombardment depending on how strong the miasma is which can be a huge variance. Sometime Miasma spawns really weak and other times extremely strong and paragon is never listed above it. SW is great though I have if on 3 or 4 of my characters.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »
Funny there.  I actually started to farm the minotaurs.  But since my magery is only 100, I ended up running out of that place because of too many fizzles.  I'll head back when I can get my magery up to a more respectable point.  Masima is probably out of my league for a while, but I do have my spiffy new sampire, so perhaps I can just tank it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:14:07 AM »
Yeah a sampire will work well on miasma as long as you load up on HCI/DCI.  If not if could get difficult when one of the more powerful miasma's spawn. You need these two mods to be as close to possible and as much DI so you leech more as well.

On a mage with Miasma one fizzle can mean life or death. Even with 2 EV's on him he will break target and come after you the caster. I finally 120'd Magery and boy is it nice not to fizzle and it can make all the difference in the world when employing tactics and strategies against the tougher monsters.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »
I'm kinda interested in trying the greater dragon thing.  Sampire requires me to pay waaay more attention than I want to with my current gear.  But I'm still going to make the Sampire work. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »
If you have a tamer Cu's can work :P

I think most all ML added creatures will drop those scrolls.  At least in the ML dungeons or whatever possibly.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »
Well, I'm going to test that theory out with my new 99% Minotaur Killer talisman.  Let's see them chase me out of there now!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »
as a Bard, I drag a Untamed Cu down... Discord the Swoop, then a Provoke the Cu onto the Swoop...
then it takes about 30 seconds... just make sure, you voke the cu first.. Just incase you fail the cu is a bit slower and you can invis fast enough to break the target.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »
I only recently went back down to play with the swoops.  They have really turbo-charged them since they first were placed in the game.  I remember using EV on them, but now standard energy vortexes don't do much to them.  I guess I need to find my bird slayer talisman somewhere.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »
I got a lot of mine from Swoops and killing stuff in Bedlam

Offline faofeng

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • faofeng has no influence.
  • Respect: +1