Author Topic: Best spined leather spot...  (Read 5367 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Best spined leather spot...
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:29:18 PM »
alright folks... I use to farm lizardmen for spined leather in despise fel but since the spawn rate took a dive, the rate is nothing special.

What is the best place out there for amount & rate?  I am open to all locations and monster types.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best spined leather spot...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »
Islands in Fel for Giant Serps. Best by far and give bones. Beats LM hands down. The little spur off of Bucs rocks.  If you are in factions throw in wisps and you bring in silver too.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:47:30 PM »
I forgot to say it needs to be a location i can sit in one spot.  is this such a place?  I just notices ice serpents give 30 each in fel but not sure if i can get them to keep respawning anywhere in the exact same location

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:02:49 PM »
I pop the lizard spawn and kill things and skin/loot em :P.  can do it pretty easy in destard or a t2a spot depending on your shard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:46:51 AM »
C2,

I see what you are thinking - have to be stationary for the make a pile feature.  No, none of the islands would work, after a short while the serps would spawn far enough away that you would not be able to target them.  I am not aware of anywhere that they spawn consistently enough.  If you have two toons on that little island off of Bucs I bet you could cover the entire thing and keep it going, but I would guess it might not be as efficient as a single toon at a better spawn location.

I think OMG's plan might work in some Lost Lands spots.  Good chance you get smoked before you finish though.

I am intrigued by the Sak Teb location in Lost Lands Fel. http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=atlas&id=1337  It looks like it has a good mix of spined leather creatures with only a few other distrations. Might be worth going to scout to see if there is a spot that you could beat on.  Giant Toads and Alligators give 24 in Fel.

For gathering spined leather I currently use a modified version of Jebbits Leather and Bone recall script.  I set it up to target alligators, giant serpents and wisps and have it rotate through the tropical islands. It does a solid job of keeping me in spined leather and bone and I have only run into one or two PKs in a couple of years of doing it.  Seems no one else is on to my plan on my shard. I have it pick up the gold too. Happy to share my mods with you if you are interested.

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 09:56:01 AM »
Well...  The serpents that spawn in Blighted grove will spawn as fast as you kill them.   A stealther SDI mage with a snake / reptile slayer book can kill them in 1 ebolt a good portion of the time or a WHAMMY would destroy them easily.  (just have to lure Coil out of the picture)  It would be a high rate of leather coming in, but that's balanced by other factors (Faction peeps wanting to farm silver / Dryads spawning / Tangle / etc.)

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »
do hell hounds give spined?

Tags: