Author Topic: Puzzle Board  (Read 7850 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Puzzle Board
« on: September 14, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »
I wanted to share this with all of my Script UO Buddies:

How many of you have tried the Puzzle Room near the Underworld Entrance; the room just North of where you collect the Acid Sacs for the Quest to enter the Abyss?  The first room is easy (the first two puzzles are memorization and the third is somewhat like a game called MasterMind, but the second room, called the Experimental Room, keeps you on your toes as you have to run around to different colored rectangles like a chicken with his head cut off.  I call the Experimental Rooms 'Twister on Acid'!  I have tried the room 4 times now and can't finish the third room...! (ARGH!)

I have found an easier Puzzle Board room near the "Green Goblin" Lair.  There is a room before you get to the Puzzle Board Room that has a compass on the table.  The puzzle board is found in the Underworld at coordinates 52o 23'N 17o 47'W. You must navigate a perilous trapped hallway to reach the small room where a strongbox resides. Opening the strongbox will give you a board.

Solving the Puzzle will give you one of the following random rewards:
30 Void Essence
30 Silver Serpent Venom
30 Scouring Toxin
3.0 Scroll of Transcendence of random skill
Moulding Board
Dough Bowl
Horned Totem Pole
Large Square Pillow
Large Diamond Pillow
Dusty Pillow
Statue Pedestal

If you have trouble with the Puzzles, most of the solutions can be found at:
http://www.uoguide.com/Puzzle_Board
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:37:49 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzle Board
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
I have tried the room 4 times now and can't finish the third room...! (ARGH!)

If easyuo was working I'll probably think about writing a script to detect what the ball changed its color too and teleport to that tile.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:30:14 AM »
That would be awesome.  I know by the time I get to the third room, my brain freezes and I just cant react fast enough to finish the third room.  That is the frustrating part.  I get sooo close and then it is taken away from me...

Let's hope that Easy UO does get fixed soon.   I know there are a lot of people "holding their breath" waiting.  Even all of the UO Search Engines sites like FindUO, SearchUO, and UOResources rely on Easy UO for their bots to check and record Venders.
ORACLE

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:53 PM »
Tried it again today, just so I could say, "I Did It!"   No such chance!  My brain can remember the opposites of 4 colors, then the opposite of 6 colors, but when it gets to 8 colors, then my brain turns to mush!  And I feel defeated!   Normally I would get right back in there and try it again, but it makes me wait 2 hours and by that time I am on to something else...

HURRY UP Easy UO --- I am having withdrawls...!    :'(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:29:36 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 01:09:42 AM »
Does Anyone know the prize you get after you complete this puzzle? is it worth all the frustration that we have gone through? i've been doing the 3 puzzle quests with all my characters and giving all the experimental gems to one character still no luck on the 3rd room, I get maybe 2 or 3 color changes then it kicks me out.

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • casca has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
Where is the experimental room? I've had those gems but *bleep* if I can find where you guys are talking about.  I heard you could bring a character with sacrafice and die go through it and self rez on th other side, then multi client and bring all your chars over there and just res em up.

Dunno if it's true, because I can't find the room!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
Casca,

You dont need to die to find the 'Experimental Room'.  The Room is located behind a secret panel on the wall between the two Sparklies where the undead spawn, on the way to doing the Abyss Quest to kill Tyball's Shadow. Just click on the wall. 

Someone at Stratics posted a list of all the rewards with pictures too...
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=156528

Some of these rewards are really nice!  I know my kitchen needs a 'plucked chicken'!

It would be interesting to try to see if that bug works with the gate, but I doubt it does because you can't gate anywhere in the Underworld.  Please let us know it it does!

ORACLE

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »
Casca,

You dont need to die to find the 'Experimental Room'.  The Room is located behind a secret panel on the wall between the two Sparklies where the undead spawn, on the way to doing the Abyss Quest to kill Tyball's Shadow. Just click on the wall. 

Some of these rewards are really nice!  I know my kitchen needs a 'plucked chicken'!

It would be interesting to try to see if that bug works with the gate, but I doubt it does because you can't gate anywhere in the Underworld.  Please let us know it it does!

Thanks man, I can't do any of these they are friggin color deals... and I'm color blind so I'm screwed :p  Unless I can get my wife to show me which ones are what and I can put some tape on my monitor lol

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
Casca,

You dont need to die to find the 'Experimental Room'.  The Room is located behind a secret panel on the wall between the two Sparklies where the undead spawn, on the way to doing the Abyss Quest to kill Tyball's Shadow. Just click on the wall.  

Some of these rewards are really nice!  I know my kitchen needs a 'plucked chicken'!

It would be interesting to try to see if that bug works with the gate, but I doubt it does because you can't gate anywhere in the Underworld.  Please let us know it it does!

Thanks man, I can't do any of these they are friggin color deals... and I'm color blind so I'm screwed :p  Unless I can get my wife to show me which ones are what and I can put some tape on my monitor lol

Ah man Casca,...that sucks :( Soory man. That means you can't even see this fantastic shade of emerald green I am typing to you in???
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 07:07:27 PM »
Ah man Casca,...that sucks :( Soory man. That means you can't even see this fantastic shade of emerald green I am typing to you in???
That is wrong on a couple different levels....I think I"m beginning to admire you....
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 04:34:05 AM »
Casca,

You dont need to die to find the 'Experimental Room'.  The Room is located behind a secret panel on the wall between the two Sparklies where the undead spawn, on the way to doing the Abyss Quest to kill Tyball's Shadow. Just click on the wall.  

Some of these rewards are really nice!  I know my kitchen needs a 'plucked chicken'!

It would be interesting to try to see if that bug works with the gate, but I doubt it does because you can't gate anywhere in the Underworld.  Please let us know it it does!

Thanks man, I can't do any of these they are friggin color deals... and I'm color blind so I'm screwed :p  Unless I can get my wife to show me which ones are what and I can put some tape on my monitor lol

HAHAHA... I can see it fine, my envy that you can do the puzzles matches nicely.

Tags: