Author Topic: Where or where is the shadow iron?  (Read 5449 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Where or where is the shadow iron?
« on: May 19, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
Alright, this is ridiculous.  I should not be farming more agapite ore than shadow ore.  Statistical abnormalities and bell curve outliers aside, I've been getting way more of gold thru valorite than I am getting shadow.  For about 3 weeks now.  Really putting a crimp in my BOD cycling.

Anyone noticing anything weird?  I'm specifically interested in 24/7 macro miners that noticed a change in output in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

:)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Where or where is the shadow iron?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
I have seen something similar.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »
I'll ask my guildmates what numbers they have been seeing. They all run prospecting hammers though.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:15:16 PM »
Seems about the same to me, but then I don't mine in your normal places. :P
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:36:51 PM »
I just put miners to work on two different shards to see if I am still seeing the same results.  I had been working one in TM last week and seemed to see a lack of shadow.  Could have just been a fluke, but maybe this will give us some insight.

Meanwhile, check the PM I sent you.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 02:45:59 PM »
I mine an entire sub sever w/ my custom version of  manwinc's miner, and it seems the same output as before.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 02:54:45 PM »
I have been pretty lazy mining in TM and am using only one book -- mining the same spots on three different shards, so I am not that surprised that I hit a trough with an ore type and I its probably not that unlikely that we would hit the same one.  The two miners I have running right now are on different sets of runes and so far they are pulling in normal amounts of shadow, if not more than usual. Small sample so far though.  I will check back after eight hours or so.

-Mario Andretti

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »
Sent you a PM on this.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »
I have been seeing the same output but thought it was just me. Its like the bell curve has reversed.  I am getting less dull copper than shadow and a lot less shadow than normal ony thing is copper and bronze are same and gold, aggy, verite and valorite have doubled or tripled the normal outcome.  Regular iron seems to be above normal but less than double the normal production rate.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:16:45 PM by Masscre »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 06:50:16 PM »
I have been seeing the same output but thought it was just me. Its like the bell curve has reversed.  I am getting less dull copper than shadow and a lot less shadow than normal ony thing is copper and bronze are same and gold, aggy, verite and valorite have doubled or tripled the normal outcome.  Regular iron seems to be above normal but less than double the normal production rate.

:o

Almost exactly what i am seeing, except my DC seems a bit higher than normal.  Iron was off-the-chart high last week, but has settled back in the last 24hrs.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
I have mined Fel solid since we discussed this and am not seeing the issue at all. Mass, NB, are you mining in TM?  That is where I was seeing the weird results.

-Mario Andretti

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »
wtf are youg uys doing with all this ore you are farming. I could have 2 miners going 24/7 with a bod filler/swapper going 24/7 and still have more ore being brought in than being used to fill.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 07:53:02 PM »
Not when you are cycling 1000+ bods a day...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »
the ratio of filling to swapping with the script i'm running is about 10k ore an hour put into bods, and my miners go at a rate of about 5k+ ore an hour.... maybe its just lag
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 03:31:35 AM »
I can almost keep up with the BODRunner if I run a miner at the same time.  I am running the BOD script on two shards and mining to keep up with it.  I can keep up with the iron, but the dull copper and shadow are tough. I built the low resource functionality after playing with it for a week and seeing how fast it eats the low level colored ore.   

-Mario Andretti

Tags: