Author Topic: High Seas Adventure (Beta)  (Read 3528 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
High Seas Adventure (Beta)
« on: October 05, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »
October 12th is fast approaching as the day that the NEW Booster Pack will be released!  I have been trying to play the Beta almost every day for at least an hour or two, so I can get a head start on what and where things are.  Some of the problems as soon as the Booster Pack is released I see are:  1) It is going to be real difficult to get to the Sea Market. 2) Anything to do with Cannons, Cannon Materials and Cannon Re-Loading is going to need a script. <It takes 3 different skills, lots of materials,  and 3 steps to just make a match to light the cannons -- I have sent a note to the Developers as to why we just can't use torches to light Cannons, as they already exist in the game.> 3) Boarding NPC Ships, Killing the Crew, and Looting the NPCs, as well as the Hold is going to be a lot of fun. What will be more fun is to loot Player Ships in Felucca! 4) Scalis, the Water Champ is one of the hardest Champs the game has seen so far -- it takes a White Fabled Fishing Net to summon him, so save all of your white Fabled Fishing Nets. 5) You will need to stock a lot of boards and cloth in your hold to make Temporary Repairs at Sea when your Ship gets damaged -- also always make sure you have a rowboat in your backpack or hold in case your ship gets disabled and you need to go back to shore for Supplies...Rowboats move at 1/4 of Ship's Speed. 

This is what I have seen so far...more to come as I find out and get more frustrated   >:(
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: High Seas Adventure (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:07:49 PM »
Hey man, I really appreciate the insight into the booster.  Thx for sharing!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:31:19 PM by _C2_ »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 04:01:12 PM »
+1 Rep for this nice info you are sharing oracle. I agree with the torches they are an existing item in the game and no one using them as there current use is nill. So why not use them for lighting the cannons ?!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »
ORACLE

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »
ORACLE

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
I was hoping for a better fishing loot bump so I could use this:

(EA still has pretty crappy fishing lootz)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
sos_autofarmer_new.png
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »
holy crap that is a teaser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would randomizing maps affect this

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »
I was hoping for a better fishing loot bump so I could use this:

(EA still has pretty crappy fishing lootz)

EA states that with the new Booster Pack that the SOS Bottles' Loot will be improved.  That SOS Farmer looks great, TM!  I have been using Kal In Ex's SOS Farmer since it came out.  I like in his version you can pull out of a backpack, a specific areas' SOS Bottles and fish them up.  The Ancient Treasure Chests still sell and all of the Fabled Fishing Nets will be needed to summon 'Scalis' (the new Water Boss Champ).

ORACLE

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »
My farmer does alot more than Kals (which was my favorite non-TM script).  This one navigates, fishes, defends, loots, lugs, sorts, banks.  With the MIB spawn on Lexia, you nee something like a combination of Kals a MIB farmer since during fishing of the chest, you'll probably fish up 2-3 serpents.  In fact, the MIB rate during fishing chests is larger than OSI fishing for MIBs normally.

So I basically fire this thing up and go hike for an hour or 2 to come back to everything sorted and banked.  Typically, I just run it in a 10-12 MIB mode when it'll log out after fishing up that many. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 06:20:16 PM »
My farmer does alot more than Kals (which was my favorite non-TM script).  This one navigates, fishes, defends, loots, lugs, sorts, banks.  With the MIB spawn on Lexia, you nee something like a combination of Kals a MIB farmer since during fishing of the chest, you'll probably fish up 2-3 serpents.  In fact, the MIB rate during fishing chests is larger than OSI fishing for MIBs normally.

*WOW*  Now that's what a script should do!  Seems like playing on a Free Shard has more than one advantage.  When the Booster comes out, will Lexia also be able to use it?  Or are the boosters only for OSI Shards? 

I will have to put that Script on my 'Wish List'!  Love that it does all that!
ORACLE

Tags: