Author Topic: What to keep  (Read 5938 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
What to keep
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
I have started a treasure hunter and have just really started to learn about imbuing. So my question is:

What Do People Keep To Imbue and Why?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: What to keep
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
i keep nothing when it comes to monster loot.  it only gives u an imbue weight of 450 ... when u make your own u get 500 weight to add stuff. 

i do keep some stuff to break down if it has high enough intensities.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:59:27 PM »
This is incorrect as far as jewelry goes. Jewelry on monsters still has a total imbue max of 500. I keep some fc1 fcr 3 and mr2 items to save on imbue ingrediants. Seeds of renewal are out the roof 1.8 mil and up for 10 seeds.

Also with jewelry you can push some stats and skills off for others so this can work to your advantage if you think it out first.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
This is incorrect as far as jewelry goes. Jewelry on monsters still has a total imbue max of 500. I keep some fc1 fcr 3 and mr2 items to save on imbue ingrediants. Seeds of renewal are out the roof 1.8 mil and up for 10 seeds.

Also with jewelry you can push some stats and skills off for others so this can work to your advantage if you think it out first.

good to know on jewels... but they are so few and far between to get one that doesnt have something cruddy on there to ruin it it is worth the 400k to buy the 10 essence to fut fc on or what not.

MR2 is not, to my knowledge, ever going to show up on a looted jewel.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 01:19:13 AM »
I keep anything that already has over 200 property weight for unraveling.  From most level 5 or higher chests I pull enough items to get between 60-120 enchanted essence.

Also, anything that comes out of the box or off a critter that has more than 330 weight can be turned into relic frags.  With a little persuasion that is.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 09:24:03 AM »
330 into relics??

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »
Yup. :)  Not a typo.

Got to love the material multiplier they put in a while back.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
For those of us with Lots of Valorite. Pretty much anything between 330-400 you can enhance up with a material and get a relic out of it.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 10:25:22 PM »
Thanks guys for the info!

- does each ore type give a different amount?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 12:51:02 AM »
Yup

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 04:09:48 AM »
Yes.. I spend too much darn time crafting and Imbuing..

For those that would like to know.  Here are the multipliers that apply when enhancing items for relics. 

Dullcopper : *1.02
Shadow : *1.03
Copper : *1.04
Bronze : *1.05
Gold : *1.07
Agapite : *1.09
Verite : *1.12
Valorite : *1.20
Spined : *1.01
Horned : *1.02
Barbed : *1.04
Oak : *1.01
Ash : *1.03
Yew : *1.07
Heartwood : *1.10
Bloodwood : *1.15
Frostwood : *1.20
All Scales : *1.03

gimlet, I enhance anything over 330 property weight that I can with either Valorite or Frostwood to push me over the relic barrier. :)

You can get a few items out of the treasure chests that you are working on.  Though higher end mobs are a fantastic source of relics if you enjoy doing that also.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
Thank you that's good information!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »
Anytime!

I'm still trying to get solid information regarding the diminishing multiplier that applies to items that have more than 5 mods.

When I finally get that info, I've got a very nice spreadsheet setup to calculate all possible recipe made items crossed with material and runic hammer range intensities.  Will be an great little tool I believe.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »
That sounds great! So with 6 things on a ring is different than with 5?

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 12:52:46 AM »
Yeah.  When an item has 6, 7,8 properties on it there is some sort of diminishing multiplier that actually HURTS your relic unraveling chances.  Just trying to get my hands on that info so I can load it into the sheet.

You used to be able to make guardian axes with gold ingots and get a huge amount of relics because of all the added properties and weights.  But they nerfed the heck out of it.  So my goal is to find something other than knights war cleavers that will give a good supply of them. 

And I'm positive there are other things out there that will.  Just need to know the right combinations of recipe/ore/hammer..

Tags: