Author Topic: Taming penalties  (Read 2740 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Taming penalties
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »
Okay...

I have heard yes and no to all of the following items below in regards to this question:

Are there negative effects on the animal you tame if you...

disco it?
peace it?
para it?
beat it up?

It is an even split out there amoung folks that tame.  I know for a fact that EA put in a penalty for para taming at one point but never heard of them removing it.  Peeps sware that there is not penalty nowadays.  I never heard of a penalty being assessed to tames if you beat them down first but folks sware it exists.

Does anyone actually know how it works for sure in the four areas above?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Taming penalties
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:31:43 PM »
No Idea C2! I would think maybe ST or Toptwo might know as they are taming fanatics.

Interesting question though....

I've heard about the para penalty although I thought it was temporary and that you can still train up to the maximum skill levels.

No clue about the others....it's news to me. You'd think there would be some documentation somewhere.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 03:34:14 AM »
Have you noticed all the things we don't know!

Offline Macrophage

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Macrophage has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:57:27 AM »
There is a penalty in using para in the sense that your pet will lose more skills upon taming but cap remains the same.
There is no penalty for peace or beating it up. I am not sure about disco. I stopped using it, because it may alter the stats and hits.
hope this helps.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 06:14:36 AM »
ST and I did extensive checks on CU's (around 100 of them in fact) half were lead tamed and half were para tamed, there was NO difference in Stats or Resists betwen the 2 groups...NONE. There would have been no way to tell any difference on how they were tamed.

I have also Peaced and disco'd...again NO difference. UO told us there would be penalties a long time ago, but I think they forgot about it before it was ever implamented.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Macrophage

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Macrophage has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 09:54:01 AM »
Maybe I worded bad:you don't lose stats or resist when you para tame, but you lose more skills: around 10% for standard tame and around 14% for para tame. For disco are your results the same if you use curse on your target first? (It is believed to give a bonus HP which I never tested since my tamer has no eval)

Tags: