Author Topic: Casting Caps  (Read 6394 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Casting Caps
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 12:08:04 PM »
I was thinking the same thing and started to post it, but didn't want to share in case it was the UBER template of all time!!

I'd probably pass on Necro (without SS it sucks) and get 120 Focus/100 Med... or Focus/Resist.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
@ Alpha.  Interesting information. I was testing the caps with the script higher up in this thread.  I didn't look at posts anywhere else, I simply suited up to +2 Casting, ran the script, and then ran it again with +4, recording the times.  I can do a more thorough analysis, but the information you posted on the affect of FC doesn't line up with my preliminary results as a straight tick of .25.  I plan to test that some more. 

I also remember Necromancy as supposedly having a 4/6 cap, but it didn't seem to when I tested it.  I will run some more tests to confirm.

I have not checked the affect of 70 Myst on the caps, but it would be easy enough.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
OR be Interesting with

69.9 Magery  
120  Necro    
69.9 Mysticism
120  Spell Weaving
120  Ninja  
120  Chiv
100.2  points left of a 720 cap

And Cast at:
Magery / Necro / Mysticism = 2/6
Spell Weaving / Ninja / Chiv = 4/6

;D

Did anyone ever try a variation of this temp?

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 09:01:29 PM »
OR be Interesting with

69.9 Magery  
120  Necro    
69.9 Mysticism
120  Spell Weaving
120  Ninja  
120  Chiv
100.2  points left of a 720 cap

And Cast at:
Magery / Necro / Mysticism = 2/6
Spell Weaving / Ninja / Chiv = 4/6

;D

Did anyone ever try a variation of this temp?

Doubt it. Without Focus, Eval or Spirit Seak you won't be doing much damage to anything. Plus you won't be getting mana back very fast on a very mana dependent template.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
I've come up with a variation of the template (although mysticism > 69.9 screwed up my chiv casting). What I think we need here is a TABLE (not a list) of FC caps/speeds with the following skills on the veritcal axis: Magery, Necromancy, Mysticism, Spellweaving, Ninja, Chivalry AND the following things on the horizontal axis: protection, stone form, >69.9 magery or myst, reaper form, essence of winded, any other thing that could affect FC.

Then just fill in all the table values!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: