Author Topic: My Spring Cleaning Point results  (Read 18118 times)

Offline Newb

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Newb has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Spring Cleaning Point results
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »
Do you use Kal In Ex's Sos Master?  Man, I love that script.  Word
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:56:29 AM by Newb »

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »
Nope, I am just manually doing it. But, most of time i'm just fishing them up while I'm doing other things.. work. errands.. and such

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 01:48:59 PM »
Nope, I am just manually doing it. But, most of time i'm just fishing them up while I'm doing other things.. work. errands.. and such
Doooood!!!

Ok, so you know I'm very xenophobic when it comes to running scripts.  I generally run mine, or I do without.  However, I made an exception with Kal's brilliant script.  It totally aides your MIB hunting since it will organize your MIBs/SOSes and sail you to their locations.  You just fish up the treasure.  It's one of the most useful scripts I have used.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hardyz has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 01:52:36 PM »
Doooood!!!

Ok, so you know I'm very xenophobic when it comes to running scripts.  I generally run mine, or I do without.  However, I made an exception with Kal's brilliant script.  It totally aides your MIB hunting since it will organize your MIBs/SOSes and sail you to their locations.  You just fish up the treasure.  It's one of the most useful scripts I have used.

Honestly TM i'm the same way.  I don't use other people's script.  The only script I use that's not mine are the claw and the fisher script.  I haven't used the claw in ages though.  I'll check out kal's script.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »

Honestly TM i'm the same way.  I don't use other people's script.  The only script I use that's not mine are the claw and the fisher script.  I haven't used the claw in ages though.  I'll check out kal's script.

Ya, it takes a lot for me to recommend something.  I remember initially when I started scripting, I really got turned off/burnt out on all the uber-crappy scripts available when I first started.  But out of desperation (doing like 50 chests by hand and hating every one of them) I checked out Kal's offering.  I was pleasantly surprised that it still gives you the ability to do some fish up manually, but takes away the arduous task of organizing and sailing around.

I wrote a little complementary script for Kals, where I would take the full chests to my house, and the script would sort through the loot, store the gems, gold and scrolls.  I was going to plug the CLAw into it, but never got around to it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »
Hmm, might look into it, see if it reads the locations or how it does, cause that could speed up my sorting. If i plan on fishing them up, then i'm basically running in lines. We'll see... just thinging of a way to get lots and lots of points, i'm glad i didn't get my 2 sets of jewelry, the armor sets seem pretty sweet.

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »

Ya, it takes a lot for me to recommend something.  I remember initially when I started scripting, I really got turned off/burnt out on all the uber-crappy scripts available when I first started.  But out of desperation (doing like 50 chests by hand and hating every one of them) I checked out Kal's offering.  I was pleasantly surprised that it still gives you the ability to do some fish up manually, but takes away the arduous task of organizing and sailing around.

I wrote a little complementary script for Kals, where I would take the full chests to my house, and the script would sort through the loot, store the gems, gold and scrolls.  I was going to plug the CLAw into it, but never got around to it.

Yeah I just used it and I'm impressed.  Before I was opening up all the maps and going through and marking their locations.  This thing did it like instantly.  I wish I didn't just go through like the 70 asos today before i read about that script and made uoam files lol.  It worked great.  So your script to pull up the asos...kal's to go to them and then manually fish them up.  It could be fun lol

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

Yeah I just used it and I'm impressed.  Before I was opening up all the maps and going through and marking their locations.  This thing did it like instantly.  I wish I didn't just go through like the 70 asos today before i read about that script and made uoam files lol.  It worked great.  So your script to pull up the asos...kal's to go to them and then manually fish them up.  It could be fun lol

Indeedy.  It makes for a good, brainless afternoon of UO.  Let the fisher do its thing, and then turn Kal's script loose as your own personal SOS bloodhound, all while you have a nice bottle of wine and watch a movie.  Scripting at its best.  You still have to be around to micromanage things, but that's ok.

It's just good to know that there ARE some useful scripts out there.  Hats off to you Kal wherever you are; awesome script.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 05:07:54 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 09:47:06 AM »
You know, I think I get the best tickets/hr by turning in the leavings from the Heartwood quest.  I average around 9500 points/hr just turning in recipes and talismans.  It's a good byproduct if you are doing heartwood anyway.  Bowcraft is slower than carpentry just because of the time it takes to select the correct quest.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 04:32:01 PM »
You know, I think I get the best tickets/hr by turning in the leavings from the Heartwood quest.  I average around 9500 points/hr just turning in recipes and talismans.  It's a good byproduct if you are doing heartwood anyway.  Bowcraft is slower than carpentry just because of the time it takes to select the correct quest.

eh that requires wood...stuff I don't have.  I never ran a lumberjacker.  I find the easiest thing to do is spawns to get anti virtue artifacts...but i do it solo so i get ganked a lot.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 10:01:51 AM »
On my shard, tickets are going for 500,000gold for a 10,000 point ticket which works out to 50 gold/point.  If it takes around 6K boards per hour for the heartwood quester and 9500 points/hr for the items, that works out to about 79 gold/board.  That's not including the occasional runic kit or uber item.  Just free items that I've been throwing away for years.

Also that works out to about 475000 gold/hr.  Speaking gold that is.  I won't be selling these items from the spring cleaning..  I'll bet on a populated shard, these numbers could easily be doubled.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:05:01 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 02:17:27 PM »
On my shard, tickets are going for 500,000gold for a 10,000 point ticket which works out to 50 gold/point.  If it takes around 6K boards per hour for the heartwood quester and 9500 points/hr for the items, that works out to about 79 gold/board.  That's not including the occasional runic kit or uber item.  Just free items that I've been throwing away for years.

Also that works out to about 475000 gold/hr.  Speaking gold that is.  I won't be selling these items from the spring cleaning..  I'll bet on a populated shard, these numbers could easily be doubled.

Eh they are about the same price.  I'm still too lazy to lumberjack boards.  I just go to fel and collect anti virtue artis when I'm not getting ganked.  That averages about like 20k - 30k collection points for 30 minutes.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »
Not sure where i got those 2 snippets to turn in the items for spring cleaning TM, but thanks for posting that. Worked really fast for me and flawlessly. I did about 70 mibs today, and i got about 90 left, and about 20 boxes to sort out hehe. Is there a script somewhere that cleans out the treasure boxes with options of what u wish to loot? Anyways i gota run for today, its clobbering time at work tomorrow, got make sure im rested hehe. Lets see if he allows me to work or not, its better then sittin at home at least. Fisherman doesnt need me... hehe
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
there are more points bound up in the heartwood quester then fishing talisman in every other reward. and a recipe in almost every bag thats 350 points alomost ever quest. i just set looter for 0and get around 15k in points daily.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
Well, way I'm going is, keeping some of the SOS and later fishing them up. I ran a line the other day fishing some up, and in about an hour, I had a bag filled of shipwreck items (25k pts worth) And that's to go on top of the 10-25k daily I pull. But, heartwood can also give you a runic. Though, fishing, I been running for days, unattended, no pages. To each their own, we can all have multi trial accounts that we ran the 25k pt quests on.

Tags: