Author Topic: Is fishing profitable?  (Read 7693 times)

Offline ChopsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Chops has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Is fishing profitable?
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:14:52 AM »
I currently started playing in Demise (freeshard) again and I was thinking in making a fisher and use it to get some gold.
On average how much money can a fisherman make an hour for example, is it still a worthy profession?

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: Is fishing profitable?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:54:35 AM »
I can not say anything about a free shard but i assume its population is very simliary to population on my shard and i can say hands down fishing and crabbing are very profitable. crabs and lobsters are a huge huge income to me, and its just free gold with sos bottles and loot. I am very very pleased with the amount of gold i have made from fishing in the past two months.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:06:51 PM »
Not anymore.  White pearls sell, the fish do not so much.  The hype of the new quest items is over

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:51:33 PM »
Not anymore.  White pearls sell, the fish do not so much.  The hype of the new quest items is over
Depending.. i made 40 Mils with SOS bottles by farming those with a script and autohunt on a freeshard.. Can be worth, depending on what you are looking..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:42:10 AM »
Did you got those 40kk from the gold or did you had to sell back some of the stuff to players?
Also would do you think you would make more money by spending the same time mining or cutting trees?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 02:59:14 AM »
Did you got those 40kk from the gold or did you had to sell back some of the stuff to players?
Also would do you think you would make more money by spending the same time mining or cutting trees?
Gold from SOS Bottles.. The shard i play as well offers an extended Fishing System compared to Lexia, so i can trade raw fish into library, doing SOS Bottles and collect reagents\money incredients etc and sell all you get.
I think Mining\Lumberjacking is more lucrative... see you..

Offline lordraith

• Activity:
    0%
  • lordraith has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »
 Id agree with Crome. There is gold to be made fishing, but if your looking to make the most gold, your time is better spent mineing or lumberjacking. I'd suggest mineing, preferably in ter mur for the extra ingreds. Sell ingots to players, use ingots to fill bods for pof, sell pof to players.
Hey, if the Mayan's were right... at least we dont need to xmas shop this year... being lazy pays off, in the end. :D

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »
i wasnt counting the SOS.  that market is still good.  i was referring to selling the actual fish

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
Fishing tanked a while ago.  So badly that I never bothered to finish fishing up the 10 million turn-in points I need for a Brit Boat.

You can make decent gold from the SOS autofarmer, though.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
I dont know depends on your shard, my shard we have about 8 to 10 loyal fishermand and i can honestly say i have made a mint of them just from crabs and lobsters, they been asking for dungeon and shore fish and now that i have those up and running i expect to make more. Best of all i will get the 120 scrolls from them a whole lot cheaper then what they are paying for the fish to get them :)

As far as SOS portion - yeah you get anywhere from 10k to i think its 30k or more from chests plus the loot. If memory serves i think they removed scrolls from the chests but please dont say it with accuracy i havent been paying attention. I use the legs ( artifact ones ) to make some great imbue suits out of and sell very nicely on vendors.

Mining and Lumberjacking is dead on my shard, i did it for two weeks straight and no one purchased a thing, played with prices etc, no one was interested in it except for heartwood. Now the carp kits those sell like hot cakes. I put one up its gone 10 minutes later thanks to UO source.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 01:15:18 PM »
Ok so mining might be profitable if I have people to buy my ingots. With fishing I would get gold directly and a few other goodies no?
Seems to me there are always more miners in a shard than fishermen.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »
I tried selling crabs on my shard, I didn't have any bitters for over 2 months I ended up pulling my crabs from the vendor.. :(

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »
Well if you search for any fishing power scrolls you will see they are worth alot and there are very few people selling them... I found only 2   120 fishing powerscrolls for sale n they were both 20+ mil each...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 10:20:43 AM »
Well if you search for any fishing power scrolls you will see they are worth alot and there are very few people selling them... I found only 2   120 fishing powerscrolls for sale n they were both 20+ mil each...

yes, prices are rebounding now that folks have slacked on the grind of doing quests but also less folks are buying the scrolls.  overall selling fish and crabs is slow at best.  it use to be sick!  SOS and pearls still do well

Offline enerwil

• Activity:
    0%
  • enerwil has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »
Hello,ive seen you started playing on Demise where am I playing too... I dont have much informations about fishing but I can say that on Demise is good deal Tailoring,but with reset accs (0,1 skill etc.). If you would like more informations feel free to PM me.

Tags: