Author Topic: New Member Mong  (Read 2934 times)

Offline MrMongusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MrMongus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Member Mong
« on: November 05, 2019, 10:21:14 PM »
Hello, at first I'm from Czech Republic and my english is wery bad, so I apologize for the wrong composition of sentences.

At second... I've never seen a more complicated registration(especially for non-English speaking peoples), congratulations, you come first :-D

So... about me... for fun I'm scripting in OpenEUO and I have seen here a lot of examples that I could get inspired from. I'm playing UO on shard, where are a lot of anti-afk controls so inspiration is needed. One example for all - changing positions of gumps that don't have an ID - the sollution was to search gump position by colors and crafting in cellar where everything is black except part of the house...and showed gump :)

Although I have written enough scripts there is still something to learn and I hope to find something here.

Thanks and regards Mong.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Member Mong
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 03:05:08 AM »
It's really not complicated, especially since there is Google translate. Most people come here make one or 2 posts and take whatever scripts they want to use. All we ask is that you introduce yourself to us before taking the scripts. What we hope is that people would become part of the community. I have over 2000 posts and have been here a long time. When I first joined, I knew nothing about scripting and now I write scripts to share here. I integrated myself into the community, learned, and shared back. We hope for more people to become community members rather than users.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 04:57:07 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 05:13:30 AM »
+1
Hello and thank you for your reply.

I know what you mean. So again and better...

In real life I'm programing in C#, LotusScript/formula from IBM, delphi and c++ because I do that at work. LUA has simple syntax and is good relax for my long life programming - I'm 38 years old and I have been programming for over 15 years.

I cannot judge yet whether I will be of any benefit to the community because, as I wrote, I script in openeuo for fun. My knowledge of scripting for UO is still at low level against others, but it can change, and maybe I will end up like you... or not who knows :)

I have already been helped a lot by comments from this forum like "You would do it this way or this way", because the logic of the matter is what I am primarily looking for and what I can primarily offer.

Due to the little community in openeuo I learn mainly from documentation. Usable scripts are fine, of course, but I'm more pleased to figure out something myself, it's more fun. Last but not least Endor shard is much different so most scripts still can't be used, I can only get inspired.

I hope I have correctly stated that I am not primarily here for one or two scripts, but I hope to find here some enthusiasts who are equally inflamed and I can consult them and their creations ...

Regards Mong

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 05:35:49 AM »
Welcome to scriptuo Mong,  and if you like openEUO you should check out my modded GUI that helps openeuo just work better.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=7338.0
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=387286#387286
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »
Welcome to scriptuo Mong,  and if you like openEUO you should check out my modded GUI that helps openeuo just work better.

Hi, thanks for for the suggestion, I was watching your modded GUI but that's a very big level for me so far. :D Recently I made small menu for my scripts but I can't instance sub tasks so maybe later. Saving this for later study :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »

Hi, thanks for for the suggestion, I was watching your modded GUI but that's a very big level for me so far. :D Recently I made small menu for my scripts but I can't instance sub tasks so maybe later. Saving this for later study :)

This script actually modifies the OpenEUO program itself, it doesnt interact with UO.  It adds features to openeuo to help you write your own scripts.   The menu in openeuo, is written in LUA, so I just modded the default menu and added a bunch of options.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 10:58:18 PM »

This script actually modifies the OpenEUO program itself, it doesnt interact with UO.  It adds features to openeuo to help you write your own scripts.   The menu in openeuo, is written in LUA, so I just modded the default menu and added a bunch of options.

So I didn't understand. I expected you to offer me the opportunity to study :D But I understand now, hehe.

Tags: