Author Topic: Free shard scripts  (Read 2168 times)

Offline El_RemoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Free shard scripts
« on: April 18, 2015, 08:49:54 AM »
Not like im going to have the know how to do this on my own but i was curious what it took to change scripts from osi to free shard? Does it depend on the script, the shard or both and are all scripts different. What im saying is there anything in common that you can change on most scripts or is it a new animal each time..  Thanks

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Free shard scripts
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:09:58 AM »
I don't play free shards much, but i know each script is different on what you have to change. Unless it is the same writer because their are 10 or more different ways to do things. I'm pretty sure its mostly got to do with id of items but finding where to change most of them are easy but some are hard if you don't know the script. A noob like myself is still looking for stuffto change so i can change the script to how i'd like it to run. not saying my way is right it just seems to fit me better. If there something i can help i'd be willing to help not sure how good i'd be but willing to give it a try.
Just glad to have a blast

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 11:01:26 AM »
Not like im going to have the know how to do this on my own but i was curious what it took to change scripts from osi to free shard? Does it depend on the script, the shard or both and are all scripts different. What im saying is there anything in common that you can change on most scripts or is it a new animal each time..  Thanks

9 times out of 10, a script doesn't work because the dimensions of a crafting gump is different.  That's easy to fix if you know the size of the gump and the positions of the buttons required.

Also there are subtle differences with #FINDTYPEs from RunUO to OSI/Broadsword or just freeshards in general.  You might try and craft a tinkering kit, but since the script can't sense that you've already made one, then it just keeps making them until you are out of resources.

So really the best is just to try one, but be really careful about understanding the initial setup.  Many times the script actually will work fine, but in your haste to get moving you'll leave out a key requirement in the setup process.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline El_RemoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.6%
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 11:23:48 AM »