Author Topic: Wrapper  (Read 3411 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Wrapper
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:16:11 AM »
I keep reading about some kind of "wrapper" for stealth or one of the programming languages used with stealth. I would love to know know what it means and what it does.  ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Wrapper
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Wrapper
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »
I keep reading about some kind of "wrapper" for stealth or one of the programming languages used with stealth. I would love to know know what it means and what it does.  ;D

When we released Version 6.0 we tried to introduce our new api. The api was selfwritten and very experimental. From each update we also updated that api.

The Api itself etablishs a local connection with stealth and sends content from the users code to the client and also receive replys from stealth.When Vizit0r wroted the api, it was clearly that it shouldnt be the end user who keeps sure about connectivity and import the code, it was our responsible for atleast delphi(Wich is enhanced against Pascal and has equal syntax).From time to time we also tried to make coding available in c#. I tried it  but hadnt the time to look deep into it, then orich wroted a dll wich does the same as the delphi api.
With the update of 6.4 we changed the internal handling technologie and the dlls had to be rewritten. Currently Neo is doing this job in c#.

The so called wrapper class as sample in delphi offers preorganized objects to handle specific content, functions and methods to handle threadsafe interactions between a delphi app (Console and UI) and Stealth.

Tags: