Author Topic: New Dungeon Discussion  (Read 4619 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
New Dungeon Discussion
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:17:01 AM »
So we're looking to accumulate information regarding the new dungeons.  Since I haven't played forever, and probably really don't have the gear to be able to handle the new changes, what are some of the interesting things you've found out about Shame or Wrong?  High points, good items, special items, etc.  I'll do web searches too, but I did want to get people's input regarding what they like (and what they don't).
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ultimafreak77 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Dungeon Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:57:17 PM »
So we're looking to accumulate information regarding the new dungeons.  Since I haven't played forever, and probably really don't have the gear to be able to handle the new changes, what are some of the interesting things you've found out about Shame or Wrong?  High points, good items, special items, etc.  I'll do web searches too, but I did want to get people's input regarding what they like (and what they don't).

I think the Whetstones you can quest for in Shame are cool. They allow you to remove damage increase from a weapon before its imbued. You can get enough damage increase from other items so that it does not need to be on your weapon. This frees a slot on your weapon to hold another property.

http://uo2.stratics.com/dungeon-guides/shame-dungeon-re-vamp-a-guided-tour/
http://www.uoguide.com/Whetstone_of_Enervation
The few. The proud. The AFK.

Offline Ketchup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »
Shame/wrong/cove loot is all outdated now, pointless hunting in there, hunt the highest fame monstors possible for the best loot

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:19 AM »
Covetous Lvl 3 & 4 have a few good drop. What come to mindare,  Prismistic lense & shield.   Some like the Health bracelet.

Offline Crymi

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Crymi has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 08:41:27 AM »
I havent played EA/OSI since they released ML.

I have check some of the SA/HS content but not much.
What are the new mobiles etc in these dungeons. Any new Bosses etc?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 02:20:29 PM »
If you are looking for New Loot, Forget the new dungeons. Just pay attention to how much gold the monsters drop, that will tell you what kind of loot to expect.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ultimafreak77 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
If you are looking for New Loot, Forget the new dungeons. Just pay attention to how much gold the monsters drop, that will tell you what kind of loot to expect.

Can you give us an example?

The more gold the better?

Is 1k enough or does it need to be over 2k to get a legendary?

The few. The proud. The AFK.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »
How much luck you have plays a large part!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 08:21:15 PM »
What gimlet says. Any monster can drop a legendary, but pay attention to the # of items Dropped and the average # of properties on the items. say a monster with 700 Gold drops an average of 5 items, and a monster with 1000 gold drops 8 Items, so on and so forth. There are a few exceptions to this, but as a general rule of thumb you can tell the grade of loot by the amount of gold. 
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 11:49:01 PM »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 04:22:06 AM »
Also see Publish 86, specifically loot Global Loot Changes. Shame no longer gives out the best, mosters stayed tougher but thier loot and gold dropped significantly. http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_86

Tags: