Author Topic: usage and invoking of uo.dll[Question]  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Crome969Topic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
usage and invoking of uo.dll[Question]
« on: June 25, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
Hello Ladys and Gentleman,
this Question is mostly on these of you, wich ever used the uo.dll in other IDE than Openuo.
I always getting a Headdache about. Seems like i dont like Lua as much, or its just because i know how comfortable can be an IDE like from Sharpdevelop or VS2010 Ultimate.
In my Company i learning C# and VB.net. My Idea was to Coding and Learning in Future with C# and as example using i could combine it with Ultima Online. Anyone of you were be able to invoke\import that dll?
Iam not a complete newbie but an Developer Trainee, so maybe i miss the Experience how to or just dont understand how to. Using since days the whole Web to Learn and test to invoke that dll. But werent be able to use any kind of there functions. Anyone have else have it done? Maybe an Idea or an example? I would be very Thankful about that.
Best Regards Crome

PS: Iam back to be active here:)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: usage and invoking of uo.dll[Question]
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »
There was a developer over at EasyUO that was working on an interface to the DLL.  That guys name was BTBN.  He's kinda disappeared, as well as his website dedicated to the .NET thing.  OpenEUO isn't very open when it comes to interfacing with the DLL, and the hints over at EUO aren't very useful.  It is possible using the stack interface that Cheffe came up with, but from what I read the problem comes with return values and how C# handles them vs. what Lua does.  I've been out of the loop for some time.  I'm like you; I don't really enjoy Lua without a good front-end development platform. So everything in Lua just was a pain in the butt. 

We also had UOMachine, but that project seems to be dead too.  Unsure what happened to UOAI.  None of those projects seem to have survived.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969Topic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: usage and invoking of uo.dll[Question]
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »
There was a developer over at EasyUO that was working on an interface to the DLL.  That guys name was BTBN.  He's kinda disappeared, as well as his website dedicated to the .NET thing.  OpenEUO isn't very open when it comes to interfacing with the DLL, and the hints over at EUO aren't very useful.  It is possible using the stack interface that Cheffe came up with, but from what I read the problem comes with return values and how C# handles them vs. what Lua does.  I've been out of the loop for some time.  I'm like you; I don't really enjoy Lua without a good front-end development platform. So everything in Lua just was a pain in the butt. 

We also had UOMachine, but that project seems to be dead too.  Unsure what happened to UOAI.  None of those projects seem to have survived.

Hey TM!
I know BTBN really long and we are friendet since years,played on same Freeshard together and were his Accountkeeper over long time, but when he stopped playing UO he disapeared(he is German as me), else i would ask him about the old Sources to see what he did.I taked a look in UOmaschine, but iam not really good enough to complain what he doing.. i readet something about Reading Streams, but doesnt seems like it would work for a Testrun of how to use.
I looked into UOAI and UOAI2, but semms like they stopped to develop it more and started on working on Clientless things like uolite and stealth. But thats not the way i want. And they stopped and are too busy.
I readet a lot of Forums about how to implent DLL and maked my first trys. As result i got it implented but not working that "functions".Iam on it.. testing how to implent and how to make it but iam currently on a phrase where i lost the way. So i hoped you guys maybe have some ideas.If i find out how to i will give you more Details.. Any Ideas would be nice. I like C# so much.. its just.. awesome :)

Best Regards Crome

PS: I readet about EUOX doing it memory?Thought about how to read and write, but dunno if this would be a good thing;)

PPS: Forgive me my Bad writing in English :P

Tags: