Author Topic: Scripting with EUO and similar languages?  (Read 2198 times)

Offline alaskanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alaskan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Scripting with EUO and similar languages?
« on: October 31, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »
So I've been doing a lot of research, reading, and yes even watching youtube videos to learn as much as I can about scripting because I would like to make my own eventually and also contribute as well :D. So far from what I've gathered is the syntax that is used in EUO closest to C# or is there some other coding language that I need to be studying. Also big props to the Stealth team, I can wait to get to the point to use that application and start writing scripts with that as well, but I need to take baby steps lol. If someone could help me out as far as what language I really need to learn in order to write my own scripts or at least tell me that maybe I just need to start diving in and play around with it and go from there that would be awesome :). I just want to know what is the most efficient way to learn the awesome knowledge that is scripting. Thanks guys in advanced :)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Scripting with EUO and similar languages?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »
So I've been doing a lot of research, reading, and yes even watching youtube videos to learn as much as I can about scripting because I would like to make my own eventually and also contribute as well :D. So far from what I've gathered is the syntax that is used in EUO closest to C# or is there some other coding language that I need to be studying. Also big props to the Stealth team, I can wait to get to the point to use that application and start writing scripts with that as well, but I need to take baby steps lol. If someone could help me out as far as what language I really need to learn in order to write my own scripts or at least tell me that maybe I just need to start diving in and play around with it and go from there that would be awesome :). I just want to know what is the most efficient way to learn the awesome knowledge that is scripting. Thanks guys in advanced :)

Hello Alaskan, all depend on your motivation. If you want to write scripts with Stealth the most Support you can get is for pascal or c#. Orich => C# , Me => Delphi, Pascal, C#, Boydon => Python. If you think euo or lua offers you enough, this board offers a lot of samples and scripts to learn from it.

The best way to learn scripting is to using it. Write small routines, getting better on road of writing. Easyuo is limited to its syntax. Pascal Script as well for Stealth. C# is Open for anything. I myself writing windows forms with stealth interactions, small server\client applications and such. All is possible, as long as you want to. A personal friend of mine also currently learning c# with stealth. It offers a few good samples :)

Offline alaskanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alaskan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting with EUO and similar languages?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 05:19:00 AM »
Ah ok :) and yeah my motivation is definitely there lol, I haven't even played on my toon for like a week now because I've been doing nothing but trying to learn EUO and C# at the same time lol. I do have one script that I'm working on but it keeps getting hung up, maybe I'll post it to the forums and see if someone can help me out, it's a fairly simple script and maybe I don't have something in there that needs to be there. Thank you crome for the help and direction that I need to go in :) and yeah I think what I want to do is write scripts with C# and stealth just because it doesn't sound as limited as EUO. Well thank you again for the help :)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Tags: