Author Topic: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer  (Read 83738 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer
« on: April 18, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »
+1
PURPOSE:
To train Animal Taming and Animal Lore on your character from 0-120!

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. KILL SOMETHING in Jhelom Farms before running this script. This prevents a possible hang-up in the script (due to EUO being weird!)
2. Press play while you're inside the Jhelom Farm Pens. Then follow the setup instructions!
3. Use Mindblast if you don't have Eval! Most creatures can be killed with one or two Mindblast's even if you dont have eval!!!
**********REQUIRED TO RUN THIS SCRIPT:**********
1. MAGERY - This script uses magery to kill the tamed creatures.
You may choose between fireball, mind blast, and flamestrike.
DEXER options will be added later, but are not available at this time!!
2. LRC SUIT/REAGENTS - Since you are using magery, you should
have either a lower reagent cost suit or enough reagents to
cast the spell you choose.
*NOTE: This script will NOT check for reagents!!!

VERSION HISTORY:
Version 1.8 - UPDATED 07-06-2008 @ 10:59AM
-added in snippet to open up Status bar so properly get the #followers variable
-fixed possible targeting errors due to #ltargetkind
Version 1.7.1
-edited taming chart (again!) to begin taming bulls at 72.0 instead of 80
Version 1.7
-added adjustable wait to for lag delays
-edited taming chart to begin taming bulls at 80 instead of 90
Version 1.6
-added option to edit tamed creature's name
Version 1.5
-added random values to railspots to make the script appear less "Twinkle McNugget"
-added option to add a delay in between successful taming and re-naming to appear less "Twinkle McNugget"
Version 1.4
-fixed possible out-of-range targeting error while killing creature
-added red menu flash when gain is detected
-added option for script to make a DING when a gain is detected
Version 1.3
-fixed typo in journal scanning that caused script to miss if someone else was taming
Version 1.2
-added skill gain menu
Version 1.1
-first public release version
-added skill checker
-added further setup instructions at beginning of script
Version 1.0
-public beta test version

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Maddog's Jhelom Pen Tamer v1.8.txt
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:48:49 PM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline test

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • test has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 04:27:50 AM »
+1
Can this be edited to use  meele instead.. to select closet tamed pet .. release .. attack current target?

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 07:39:02 PM »
+1
It was my desire to eventually add some other options, such as Melee killing, to the script. I honestly have not had the time to do so because of classes and another major scripting project that I have been working on. Once everything settles down, I will take a look at it and add some things in. If anyone would like to look through and write up a melee sub, I would definitely consider inserting it and giving due credit!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline bumper

• Activity:
    0%
  • bumper is looked down upon.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 02:02:38 PM »
+1
yeah i having been using this script for about 2 days now and used it before i quit a year ago i have not changed anything but now for some reason it keeps randomly causing client errors

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 02:43:20 PM »
+1
i was getting a few client crashes today.  I added a longer wait after the:
exevent RenamePet %tamingtarget %name ;Rename tamed target to "tamed"
wait 20 ;<--- changed it to 20
haven't had another crash but waiting to see.  not sure what the original wait was there.  It might not even be what was causing the crash

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »
+1
ok I'll definitely look into it...I'm probably gonna be training taming on a new shard later this week so i'll use it and see what happens...if you can give me any more details, that'd be great!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:31 PM »
+1
How can get I get this script to ignore Paragons? Anyone?

*Looks around for TM* :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 04:01:54 PM »
+1
Aww, MD can add that easy!  (Or perhaps you can with a little bitty tweak... )  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »
+1
Gawh! Your no fun TM! :P

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »
+1
How can get I get this script to ignore Paragons? Anyone?

Just curious...when did you ever run into a paragon at Jhelom farms?!?! They're only in ilshenar and you can't tame them....

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 12:08:11 AM »
+1
I belive he posted in the wrong thread.. he was talking about your Honor Tamer script.

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »
+1
lol oh ok...I'll have to touch base with him and figure it out...I thought maybe he might be playing a freeshard or something, but we'll have to see

Offline dreamzcaster

• Activity:
    0%
  • dreamzcaster has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
+1
i was getting a few client crashes today.  I added a longer wait after the:
exevent RenamePet %tamingtarget %name ;Rename tamed target to "tamed"
wait 20 ;<--- changed it to 20
haven't had another crash but waiting to see.  not sure what the original wait was there.  It might not even be what was causing the crash

Same here it was running so smooth and then crashed and now it does it like every 15 to 20 mins.  It occurs right after you have finished taming the beast and it is about to rename it.  The weird part is it only crashes sometimes and not all the time.  I have tried to edit the same line you did and so far so good no crashes but I have only been running it for about 15 mins since I changed the line.

update: it still crashes with the line changed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:04:17 AM by dreamzcaster »

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 01:49:22 PM »
+1
hrm...only thing that I can think of is that the exevent used to change the pets name is what's causing it. exevent's in general are very glitchy since they use packets to do everything instead of actual in-game macros/commands (at least this is my understanding). I ran it for a couple hours the other day and didn't have any issues, so I'm really stumped as to what to do.

Offline dreamzcaster

• Activity:
    0%
  • dreamzcaster has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 04:33:32 AM »
+1
Thanks for looking into it.  It still works reasonably well for me so no big deal. Up to 995 and climbing :).  Got to say this script is a godsend and is saving my sorry butt and sure beats the heck out of carpel tunnel syndrome.  

EDIT: If you were to remove the release animal function it would probably solve the problem.  I see no karma loss or anything from killing a tamed pet.  Just tame and then mage kill it.  I just removed the release option and am testing it out now and it seems to work so far 15 mins and no crashing as of yet.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:32:34 PM by dreamzcaster »

Tags: