Author Topic: Maddog's Discordance Trainer (90-120)  (Read 26663 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Maddog's Discordance Trainer (90-120)
« on: May 16, 2011, 09:03:14 PM »
+1
Purpose:
-Finish training Discordance from 90 to 120

Instructions:
-Complete Spellsong quest
-Have "Book of Bard Masteries" in backpack
-Have high mana regen and 40 lower mana cost! (It helps a lot!)
-Minimum of 2/3 casting required (I believe)

Version History:
Version 1.0
-Initial script release

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Maddog's Discordance (High) Trainer.txt
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:19:01 PM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Maddog's Discordance Trainer (90-120)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:59:02 AM »
+1
ill check this out got train discorder soon

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »
+1
Looks Good UOMaddog interesting training method using the Bard Masteries. I wonder how long it takes compared to other methods. Seems hassle free that's for sure.

At 60 skill I'll slap on 2 +15 Discordance rings.

I've been meaning to make another discorder. I'll post results when I do. :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:53:13 AM »
+1
This has amazing potential.  I hope they don't need it as a method.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »
+1
Will the other Bard Masteries work? Provocation and Peacemaking?

Not that Peacemaking is all too difficult...

However Discordance and Provocation can't be a pain in the neck.

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
+1
Yes it does work for the other skills (just need to cast a different spell). You should also be able to train up Musicianship as well. I realized that I forgot to put in a skill check to stop the script, so I will update it and possibly add in a menu for the other skills as well. Now that I'm done with school (only a wedding to plan) I have a bit more free time to do stuff like this!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:59:22 AM »
+1
Has anyone tested it using jewelry?  I don't believe you can get the spell to train with until you have real skill of 90.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:58:03 AM »
+1
Looks Good UOMaddog interesting training method using the Bard Masteries. I wonder how long it takes compared to other methods. Seems hassle free that's for sure.

At 60 skill I'll slap on 2 +15 Discordance rings.

I've been meaning to make another discorder. I'll post results when I do. :)

Did this work Ultima?

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »
+1
Has anyone tested it using jewelry?  I don't believe you can get the spell to train with until you have real skill of 90.

Correct. You do need real skill.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 04:09:12 AM »
+1
I wanted to give this a good testing, so I wrote a quick script to train up to 90.  I used Grizzley Bears and Unicorns, ten of each.  It took about eight hours or perhaps less. I didn't watch it, but only needed to run it once.  The skill progressions need to account for music over 100, but I have not done the legwork to figure that out. 

Now that my toon is up to 90 discord, I will get the quest and give your script a run.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Disco Trainer to 90.txt
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »
+1
I have been running this from 90 and after ten hours I am at 102.5.  Its not a great test if only because I already have 120 music on the toon.  I have kept a ball of knowledge on for all of it and have gotten the "too easy" message the entire time. This usually means you won't gain, but it hasn't kept me from gaining thus far.  I will update when I hit 120 or stop gaining.

*EDIT* I meant that I have 120 music, so the skill curve is probably not as favorable as it could be.  I have enough mana regen to get me back to 100% before it recasts, so I am going as fast as the script will go without stopping for mana.

Up to 105 in just under 14 hours. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:01:21 PM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »
+1
I have been running this from 90 and after ten hours I am at 102.5.  Its not a great test if only because I already have 100 music on the toon.  I have kept a ball of knowledge on for all of it and have gotten the "too easy" message the entire time. This usually means you won't gain, but it hasn't kept me from gaining thus far.  I will update when I hit 120 or stop gaining.

Make sure to wear 40LMC and max Mana Regen

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »
+1
I've done this on a few chars using UOA and UO-Loop.  I suspect the script is similar and it will 120 you in any bard skill.  It takes about the same time as just working it normally but is much safer and can be done anywhere you want.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
+1
So I have completed training Disco to 120.  From 105 it slowed down quite a bit, but it made it.  I am guessing that it took something around 25 hours to go from 105 to 120.  I suspect that it would have been a great deal quicker if I did not have 120 music.

Script is definitely a lot safer to use than the method I was using, which was to tame a bunch of animals and keep them trapped while I worked it, or the work on the meers.  Although it is slow, it is not so much slower either.  Because of the added security of being able to train pretty much anywhere safely, this is going to be my preferred method.

I saw no bugs during the run, script ran like a champ.  

It doesn't seem to have a check to stop at your skill cap, or a check for when you have run out of instruments.  Both might be nice to add.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:02:16 PM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »
+1
I threw it together quite hastily to train mine up (and I was watching it the whole time). I thought I put a skill check in, but I may not have, I may have done it incorrectly, or I may have not uploaded the version. I'll take a look when I get a chance!

Tags: discordance