Author Topic: Bow suggestions for Navrey  (Read 5299 times)

Offline PyargyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyargy has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Bow suggestions for Navrey
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:59:27 AM »
I have not done much hunting there and would like to start. Does anyone have suggestions for a really nice bow that I can make/imbue.

I know Spider slayer is better then Archnoid slayer these days. What type of bow? What else should I add to it?

As far as bow type I am asking this becuase I don't think it necessary to have top speed I think it would be better to have a little more damage at a slower pace over speed.  I think this would give me the same results and use a lot less ammo.  Any thoughts?

Should i add Hit Lower Attack, Velocity, Hit Fireball?

The character I am using is the standard issue Bushido/Chiv Archer.

Thank you for your advice.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Bow suggestions for Navrey
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »
I'd go with a composite bow with Spider Slayer, SSI, Fireball (fire is lowest resist), Mana Leech and DI. Lower DI to 1 then I prefer max SSI and Mana Leech. Chain Armor Ignore!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »
+1

Concur.  If you could get a 100% fire composite to start with, that would be even better.  Good luck with that, though...

:)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
Not necessary, Wear the fire quiver, close enough. And you will be doing mainly armor ignores so damage type isn't that big of an issue.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:01:33 AM »
Its not a great choice but for people on a budget I have been imbuing wildfire bows with spider slayer.  The good parts are they are dirt cheap to buy 5-25k they come with 255 durability and they are 100% fire damage.  The bow I use for my navery bot is a regular bow with spider/40ssi/30damage/hit lower attack/balanced.  That way my script can use the paralize special if navery is chasing, down pots when I get webbed in place, hit lower attack so maybe the spider won't kill me.   The script also uses greater confusion if hp get too low.  So far I have gotten 3 tangles and 1 3.0 tracking sot.   I didn't keep count on how many naverys I killed but it was a new char and my loyalty points are over 5k now.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:48:58 PM »
Not necessary, Wear the fire quiver, close enough. And you will be doing mainly armor ignores so damage type isn't that big of an issue.

*runs to check fire quiver stats*

Ok - here's a question:

1) If fire quiver yields 50/50 Fire & Phys -and-
2) Your bow is 100% Fire

Do you end up with 75/25 fire/phys or does the quiver take precedence.

Maybe I don't need to burn another 100 oak runics looking for Ultima's 100% fire bows...

:)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
Quiver takes precedence as far as I know.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline PyargyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pyargy has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback I will try some of these suggestion and see what happens.

I have heard of this BOT some people talk about but don't know what it is.  I am doing it manually, I have a timer set for 15 minutes that runs in sidebar gadget and when it rings I go back and fight her again.  Just looking for one tangle before too many people loose interest.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »
Quiver takes precedence as far as I know.

I remember reading this someplace else as well. I couldn't find it doing a quick search though.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 05:16:50 PM »
Well, we use Fire Quivers + the Mischief Maker (100% Cold), and it seems to work insanely well against the undead spawn without casting consecrate.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline captainsparrow1882

• Activity:
    0%
  • captainsparrow1882 has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 01:08:23 AM »
"When using a bow with a damage type, like Silvani's Feywood Bow which has 100% energy damage, and a quiver that has other damage modifiers, like the Quiver of Fire which has 50% physical and 50% fire damage, which set of modifiers are used to determine damage?"

Leurocian checked this one out, and it turns out that the quiver damage type overrides the bow damage type (it only affects bows - it won't affect a melee weapon at all.)

So in this case, with the Quiver of Fire equipped, the bow will do 50% physical and 50% fire damage, and no energy damage at all.

FoF 95, February 1, 2008

Offline JackCiaran

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JackCiaran has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 07:03:38 AM »
well what your looking for is odd... your not wanting to waste ammo but looking to make a good wep.. honestly i think u just wanna get some looting rights so basically u dont need anything on ur bow since navreys got so much hp... lol but the best pvm bow out there is a yumi for the double shot w/ leechs on it!

Tags: