Author Topic: Hail and Well met.  (Read 3385 times)

Offline CanukerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Hail and Well met.
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »
Long time lurker first time posting in this area, or might be first time at all.

I play on the classic EA servers mostly on Napa, Pac and Origin but I have chars of some degree spread on many other shards.  I've been a long time script modifier and have attempted/failed at writing a few myself though if time permits I'd give it another go.

I started playing back in 98 on Napa shortly after the shard opened and helped to co-form LMJ which was one of the major PVP guilds back in the day, anti.  Sometimes I look fondly back at those days with rose colored glasses and would like to give it all a go again but times have changed and the game seems to have moved on.  That said I'd certainly give it go if EA ever opens a classic shard, seige is close but I'd like the real deal.  I've given a couple free shards a try but just couldn't get into it the same way.

Thats about it for UO info. 

RL, I work in Finance.  Married with children and I feel like Al, though the wife is hotter than Peg(Kelly, drool).  Just a normal taxpayer, 7:30-4.  Got questions about Canadian investments, I could lend a hand.....

Till then.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Hail and Well met.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »
Welcome to SUO - I will lift that restricted so you can check out the site.  Welcome to the site and thx for taking the time!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
Thank you for coming out of the shadows and joining the community.  Thank you for the introduction!  Enjoy the site.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »
Welcome to SUO Canuker! :)

Their has been talk of a classic shard but folks aren't in agreement about what constitutes a 'classic shard'. We'll see if any comes to fruition but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »
Yeah I wish UO could be as special as it used to be for me. I realize though alot of that just had to do with my youth. :D

Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 03:00:51 PM »
Youth is one thing but I think that UO was the first of its kind and as such there was nothing to compare it to.  The grandness of the sandbox was amazing.  I've only ever tried Vanguard as another MMORPG which was a good game but it failed, sadly.

I dunno what classic is and even if they did release it would it be like I recall?  Doubt it to tell the truth but I'd give it a go. 

Thanks for letting me into the site, I'll have to do a lot of reading and replying.

Canuker
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »
Well you let yourself in!  Just takes a thoughtful introduction.  We don't ask for anything, even donations.  It's amazing that people still won't take 5 minutes out of their day to make an introduction.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 06:34:15 PM »
Solid intro Canuker, glad to have you aboard!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 02:44:19 AM »
Welcome to SUO Canuker!

What part of Canada are you from?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 04:33:11 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for the great intro!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »
Let me also welcome you to the boards.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.  I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I've seen a good number of poster here from WinUO but that site seems to have imploded or something.

Tags: