Poll

How many people wait till the last week to do taxes?

Because i have to.
Because i hate it.
Because i'm just to darn lazy.
Just to broke to pay.
Never

Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 10441 times)

Offline ZurgTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Taxes
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:30:53 PM »
Finally done mine.
Just glad to have a blast

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:39:30 PM »
Finally done mine.

Err umm  I couldnt find the option for filing 1 day before the 3 year late filing deadline is reached.  Ie the last day they will accept your return and still process and adjust the numbers....    In recent years that's sort of where I've been hanging out.

Lets get that 2011 return filed.... :(    ;)

(actually if you filed an extension in 2012, technically you still have until October.. of course if you owe that one hell alot of penalties but is you dont   x% of zero is zero.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:41:39 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:51:50 PM »
I normally don't put it off because I've been working for the MAN recently and claim 0/0, so I generally get a pretty huge refund.  This year was different because I've been self employed and I was expecting to have to pay.  So I actually JUST FINISHED my taxes and they are away.  Pleasantly surprised I didn't have to pay afterall.

Nice EN, sounds like what I went through a few years back.  :(  All caught up now.  It's all going to poo now that I'm self-employed again.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 02:50:31 AM »
I always get a refund so I do mine electronically as soon as I get my W2!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 04:26:56 AM »
I spent my refund a month ago paying off medical collections. Grrrr.....now I want to rant...must..resist...urge....Obamacare....errrrr...

Phew! THAT was close!
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
  • Zurg has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 09:43:38 AM »
Yes obam bam care suxes!!!! I wish my was as simple as a w2 i'd done it in Feb. to.

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    0.6%
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
Usually get mine in quickly. Had to finish paying off the last of my Nursing School bills.....

• Activity:
    0%
  • Zurg has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 02:22:36 PM »
Yes bills suxes but at least with bills you chose where u want to blow your money or spend it wisely

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 06:09:36 PM »
how the buggers are you people getting refunds .. just sent off a fat check of estimated owed...   
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
  • Zurg has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 06:13:29 PM »
Pay in more on the front in to the non interest bank.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »
When you are a teacher and you have 3 kids, even the IRS say, they don't pay you enough, lets give some back lol

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 06:26:04 PM »
I'm with you EN. People are crying because they only got 400$ back form the IRS. Meanwhile I'm cutting them a check for more than my gf made last year.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline will78

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • will78 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 06:27:48 PM »
Taxes Sux not needed to say more.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 07:15:18 PM »
This was my last year of having to deal with self-employment, moving between states, marriage, etc so I can't wait for taxes next year! I always start mine Feb 1 and usually am done by the 2nd week of Feb. But I tend to overpay my quarterly estimated taxes so I don't get dicked by the g-squad for underpaying, which results in a decent refund that sadly goes to paying off student loans :(
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Activity:
    0%
  • Zurg has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »
i hope next year is better for u maddog