Author Topic: WINDOW 10  (Read 15891 times)

Offline The GhostTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
WINDOW 10
« on: July 23, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »
+1
Been having that  icon get window 10 on my task bar for a while now.  I know for some tester that Win 10  is nice operating system.  The main and almost only concern, those UO and Easy UO will still work.     

I'm looking for your guy two cent.   It free right now and don't want to make a misstake by upgrading or missing free stuff if I don't.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: WINDOW 10
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 05:30:48 PM »
+1
I'll let you know how it goes.  My lone 8.1 system sits idle because it sucks so much.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:41:06 PM »
+1
I'll let you know how it goes.  My lone 8.1 system sits idle because it sucks so much.  :)

I will patch as well and test stealth compability :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:15:05 AM »
+1

It's not so bad once you get use to it. I have been running it for a little over a year now.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 08:51:46 AM »
+1
Ok,  good to know that it UO Compatible.  we don't need to re-wamp the wheel hehe   My wife is on Win 8.1 and it have so cool future.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 05:31:01 PM »
+1
I'll let you know how it goes.  My lone 8.1 system sits idle because it sucks so much.  :)

It's not so bad once you get use to it. I have been running it for a little over a year now.

I say the same things about this annoying piece of metal in my arm now.  I'll get used to it; but I'll never like it.  I gave it a whirl, but I've never used anything more annoying than Windows 8.1  That includes Gnome 3.x.  Terrible, terrible, horrible very bad piece of K-rap.  Frankly, I'm not going to hold my breath for v10.  I'll probably ride Windows 7 into the dust.  I'll give it a whirl on my spare 8.1 computer, but I'm not beyond the idea of dismantling the computer and sending its parts to every direction land to keep it from re-forming into an undead horror.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:34:21 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:00:29 PM »
+1
I'll let you know how it goes.  My lone 8.1 system sits idle because it sucks so much.  :)

I say the same things about this annoying piece of metal in my arm now.  I'll get used to it; but I'll never like it.  I gave it a whirl, but I've never used anything more annoying than Windows 8.1  That includes Gnome 3.x.  Terrible, terrible, horrible very bad piece of K-rap.  Frankly, I'm not going to hold my breath for v10.  I'll probably ride Windows 7 into the dust.  I'll give it a whirl on my spare 8.1 computer, but I'm not beyond the idea of dismantling the computer and sending its parts to every direction land to keep it from re-forming into an undead horror.

You can always gift it to Tidus.. he loves presents.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »
+1
As far as i can tell about windows 10 :
* Upgrade option were not good. So i went through a clean installation
* Installing Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise tooked me 9 hours
* System overall is smooth, looks like a mix of android, windows 8 and windows 7. Atleast they removed some crap stuff from windows 8\8.1
* Stealth Client runs smooth
* Ultima Online runs smooth

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 11:51:23 AM »
+1
I heard from someone, who heard from someone... that EC runs smoother.  True?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »
+1
As far as i can tell about windows 10 :
* Upgrade option were not good. So i went through a clean installation
* Installing Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise tooked me 9 hours
* System overall is smooth, looks like a mix of android, windows 8 and windows 7. Atleast they removed some crap stuff from windows 8\8.1
* Stealth Client runs smooth
* Ultima Online runs smooth

Did you use the free win10 from Microsoft or purchase one. I have the free one because of having win 8 but have not used it to upgrade. I was waiting to see what other users thought first

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
+1
That why I'm asking the question,   I need to know if I can install a dual boot.   Win 7 and Win 10,  just encase I hate win 10 I can go back

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
+1
I couldn't dual-boot with Win8.1.  I had to install on a separate drive and use the BIOS to direct the boot process.  No doubt Win10 will be the same.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 08:31:37 AM »
+1
Win 10. Much better than Win 8....  i feel relief from the annoyance of 8
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Ketchup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 11:05:22 AM »
+1
problem I'm having is insane CPU usage now, for something that was as little as 60-70% is now 99% on windows 10, what can I do about this?
anyone have any ideas?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 11:19:32 AM »
+1
Win 10. Much better than Win 8....  i feel relief from the annoyance of 8

I am still running 7 on all my machines but I do not look forward to reinstalling all my programs when I upgrade to 10

Tags: