Author Topic: Farming NEW dungeon for Minax Arty's... Any results yet?  (Read 15938 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Farming NEW dungeon for Minax Arty's... Any results yet?
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »
I'm just wondering what people are script killing in the New Dungeon and what kinda numbers on Minax Arty drops they are getting per hour etc..?   I was thinking of Killing the Slayer... with a decent luck samp almost as fast as it spawns, but dind't get any drops after about 20 minutes so just wondering what sort of results people are having so far.   Anyone??

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Farming NEW dungeon for Minax Arty's... Any results yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »
Total crap luck here, 3 arty's after about 3 hours total of farming, pretty much all over the place. Nothing, I give up - I hate *bleep* like that.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »
Spent a couple of hours testing some stuff on the general dungeon trash (non invasion stuff) and got 4 arties.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »
Hmm...   ok I might have to stick it out for say a 10 hour stretch then on the biggest dungeon critter (non-captain) I can do which is the Slayer I'd think and see what kinda results I get.   I could definitely use a couple 100 invasion arty's for the items I wanted but TOTALLY 100% afk'ing the Captains isn't something I think I can do with a solo account, so I was hoping I could ditch the grind for the arties and just farm lesser stuff etc.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
  I read on stratics some of the slayers are spawning with paragon type stats, crap resists and 25k hit points.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 03:14:57 PM »
Yeah, Funny thing. I never Noticed until I read that post. I must of killed 1000's
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
And having killed "thousands" how many arties / hr would you say.  I take em out in like 10 sec on a samp but the results weren't impressive though I didn't give it long.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
I have been out of the loop - what are the arties like?

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
I have been out of the loop - what are the arties like?

They're "minor" arties practically shame loot with a different tag. You turn those in for higher end rewards. Basically the main rewards are different styles of mace and shields, night eyes, a DCI cloak, different styles of the luck garb and Lt sash versions like a doublet.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 06:16:27 PM »
The More People you Cram in their the better the Results alpha, but it Still isn't Insanely Impressive.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
Ah....  it hadn't occurred to me to think about how the looting rights work.  I can see where looting rights on a party of 7 let's say generate a more artys etc....

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »
I believe it is more like the ToT or 10th anniv drops.  If more people makes a difference, though, I'm going to radically change my approach!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 01:37:46 AM »
Well, you aren't factoring in the rate of spawn. They gave these buggers the old Fel Ruleset of an almost instantaneous Spawn. If it takes you 10 seconds to kill, with a 5 second respawn timer, your 10 second Kill is slowing it down considerably. You triple your man power and bring it down in say 2-3 seconds. then you double your Speed.

In all honesty though, the mages will give you just as good of results with less effort/manpower. Toss a thrower in the big room, and a thrower in between the smaller rooms. WHam bam Thank you mam.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ultimafreak77 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »
Wait.. let me get this right? So you can farm the 2 gold elementals in the little room with the forge, which die in a couple of hits and get the same arties, at the same rate, as farming the hard invasion spawn plus a bunch of gold ingots?
The few. The proud. The AFK.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »
Wait.. let me get this right? So you can farm the 2 gold elementals in the little room with the forge, which die in a couple of hits and get the same arties, at the same rate, as farming the hard invasion spawn plus a bunch of gold ingots?

I wouldn't say at the same rate... I get 1-2 arties off every captain I am on, with about 97% success rate.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: