Author Topic: You know you're a script junkie when...  (Read 3406 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
You know you're a script junkie when...
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:57:45 PM »
You know you're a script junkie when...

... and 100% of them have been modified over time and your newest stuff is 100% your own from scratch.

A big thank you to all of you here for all your help, and to EasyUO and Stealth(which is also most you guys too), for reading my long winded posts and incessant questions along the way, it's been much appreciated.

TM, I couldn't find that script you suggested via PM the other day but it just motivated me to write my own. I ran it this morning with huge success so my posts should be getting a little shorter and my questions a little fewer.  ;)

Writing scripts has become as much fun as playing UO... uh oh! My toolbox is full but I'm sure I'll be in it trying this or improving that for some time, thanks to all of the great people here for helping me reach my scripting goals.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: You know you're a script junkie when...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:31:51 AM »
You can always find someone with more junk then you.    I will had to say that I kelp  mt pre build script,  some of then have lot of fail script :)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Uo Folder.JPG

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »
You win  :P

I know you guys have done way more than I have, and for longer, but I just "feel" like I've finally gone from hacking stuff together to being able to work through it from scratch and get results so I wanted to say thanks. I cringe when I look back at my first script attempts and I'm sure I'll cringe later on when I look at what I'm doing now... but now I'm having more fun than frustration!

Thanks again.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 11:17:31 AM »
I felt and still feel the same way as you.   Trying to do more and rebuild first build.   Lot of those file are snippet that I made and fail to work.  Not sure why I kept every little piece of line I wrote.   Some have because handy when trying to make build for specific event.  The same issue you have  years ago, always come back to hunt me :)     

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 07:42:12 AM »
what the ??!!  Ghost ... what do you have in that folder  plans to take over the world ?

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 08:45:37 AM »
I have a copy of everything I wrote, since I don't get it to work on the first try, I usually have 7 to 12 builds.  I kept them encase I have to revert to basic.   I need to clean the main folder, but I never finish the clean up part. 

This is what happen when you don't use generic sub do %1  %2 %3.  you have lot of custom build to perform one task only.

Tags: