Poll

Packhorses at IDOCs, yay or nay?

I love my pack horses!
I love being sneaky, no pack horses for me!
What's an IDOC?

Author Topic: To pack or not to pack at IDOCs ??  (Read 2667 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
To pack or not to pack at IDOCs ??
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:30:44 PM »
Pros
- Can hold more items
- Can hold heavier items

Cons
- Require monitoring so a mongbat doesn't ruin your day
- More items doesn't mean better items, most idocs don't have more "good" items than 1 pack can hold
- Hold heavier items, such as full chests, but only a benefit from 500 to 1600 stones
- Not Fel IDOC friendly
- They announce your presence and, occasionally, generate hate(a concern if you plan an idoc career, getting reported etc)

Any other pro's and cons you can think of with using pack horses at an IDOC? I have always preferred being stealthy at idocs but took the plunge and wrote a packhorse control script that works great. 30+ IDOCs later I have picked up hundreds of chests I would only have looked in previously but of the 500 or so chests MAYBE there were 5-6 good items(worth 1M+) and a whole lot of common stuff. People tend to want to display their best stuff or it only works when locked down etc so a packhorse isn't needed for those. I'm considering going back to the stealthy way with a packhorse or two on standby(pet ball) if needed.

What are your thoughts, to pack or not to pack? I'll add a poll if you want to remain anonymous but share your preference(polls are anonymous right?). I'm posting this because I'm going to be developing my script even further to see what it can do but kinda need to decide on pack/no pack first :) What's your preference and why?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:44:10 PM by Gemviper »

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: To pack or not to pack at IDOCs ??
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:29:59 PM »
I personally have never really used a pack horse. But at the same time I have usually had a house close enough to drop and go. If you were going to further your script pack horses would probably be the way to go considering everyone usually at idoc have them. It is just extra storage which can be a plus. Even if it is just turn in points which the majority of what is at the idoc is anyways. But if U were to use pack horses I would still have a secondary account searching for strictly high end items. Like you said most people display there best items but turn in points do add up as well. So in my opinion packhorse for at least tram would be a plus since there is real no negative outcome with using them.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:11:44 PM by cybercasper »

Tags: