Author Topic: Bonjour  (Read 2660 times)

Offline The ReaperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • The Reaper has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Bonjour
« on: February 27, 2011, 05:22:48 AM »
Ok, I'll start by saying no I'm NOT French. It just seemed like a good thing to start with.

I am an old school scripter. I used to use this site when it was called winuo or something along those lines. Good to see TM is still around. It's a shame that you've lost 3 out of the 5 best scripts ever written. Mainly my Ninjitsu trainer 36 hours 0-120 that took me hours of coding, if anyone still has it I would really like a copy. It had shadow jumping in it, would have been coded by either "Grim Reaper" "The Reaper" "Inflammable" "Incarnate" or "Incarcerate" just a few of my pseudonyms. Also my magery and bushido scripts :( However it's good to see that TM still has the good old HW quester. Brings back memories of logging into jail....... rofl!!!

Anyway, after a 3 year break, I'M BACK!!! I started on the free-shard "Demise" and instantly registered onto that crappy EUOX site to get a few scripts. GOD, they are letting monkeys write their material now. First 3 scripts I found were rated quite high but were absolutely PANTS. A resist trainer, that didn't know how to regen and tracked the magery skill instead of the resist skill, WOW that's a good script. So if your after a proper script to train resisting spells, I've posted one for you guys.

My Return To UO:
Well I quit playing when my BokBok Bush Ninja Swords Super UBER tank/dps template got WTF PWNED by the OSI nerf bat. Yes I was an elitist!

Shortly after that I started to miss UO, so I started a free-shard called UO Valor, really good shard, good people, fun to play, but sadly now uninhabited :( :( So I went in search of another MMORPG. I think we all know where the search would lead me, yes, to that "Death of OSI" World of Warcraft. Well, I have to tell you, it's a fantastically coded game. Despite all the bitching, the coding on there is fantastic. The only issue with it is...... it's not sandbox enough.

Well I played WoW for 3 years on and off, and recently sold my account. Now, what game do I play next??

A friend of mine has been playing EVE Online on and off for several years now, and well, it seemed like a good idea. A game where you can win EVERYTHING and lose EVERYTHING in the blink of an eye. A game where PvP actually costs you something. Finally a game that rivals the best and original MMORPG that is ULTIMA ONLINE!!

Where am I now? Well I'm currently playing EVE and UO: Demise. So I'm back writing scripts, as can be expected.

If you have any combat training skill requests, let me know. I'll see what I can do.

See you all soon.

The Reaper

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Bonjour
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:34:58 AM »
Wow, you had the fastest join and post a script that I recall.  Anyways, thank you for your introduction and welcome to SUO.  See you on the boards!

Offline The ReaperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • The Reaper has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:41:50 AM »
I'd already written the script. By rights that script should have reference to the EUO poster of the original, but since he'd adapted the script off someone else's mage training script without reference, I figured he didn't deserve it :P

Starting my necro and magery scripts now.

FYI I never post multi-skill scripts as I feel that there is simply too much coding to the bulk of them and thus they take a lot longer to code AND train the skill intended. I will however butcher scripts for the relevant lines of coding.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:01:07 AM »
I'd already written the script. By rights that script should have reference to the EUO poster of the original, but since he'd adapted the script off someone else's mage training script without reference, I figured he didn't deserve it :P

Starting my necro and magery scripts now.

FYI I never post multi-skill scripts as I feel that there is simply too much coding to the bulk of them and thus they take a lot longer to code AND train the skill intended. I will however butcher scripts for the relevant lines of coding.

you need to add that to your script and give credit.  if u used complete parts get permission.  if you just used concepts or ideas from it, then give credit for that.  We do not promote rewrites at the site and scripter permission must be used at this site.  we are not lax about it.  If you had not said anything someone probably would of noticed it.  we have had that happen before.  Please address immediatly.  it is a rules violation.  It doesnt matter what the last person did.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:25:11 AM »
First 3 scripts I found were rated quite high but were absolutely PANTS.

I lol'd.  Welcome.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
Welcome

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
Great intro. Amazed at how fast you've posted scripts after joining..

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 04:36:53 PM »
I believe I may have some of your old scipts in my library (I never throw anything out). I will have to go check. Welcome back.

Tags: