Author Topic: SUO Launcher  (Read 80325 times)

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: SUO Launcher
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 10:23:09 AM »
My new char name for Uo-Rebirth will be CoughTrixtaCough     :P

I'd like to get this stable soon.  Ive been kinda curious about starting fresh on UOrebirth.  I haven't done that for a while.  

The mouse clicking is kicking my butt though.  I think I've found a bug in the windows Web browser control.  Lucky me.

You are always welcome TM.  :)

Tidus I am going to steal your Signature :P

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
Go right ahead.  Maybe some day i will get better at photoshop and making a most awesome signature for RebirthUO and header for the website.. but i am limited in skillz sadly. :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:38 PM »
I invited one of the devs at Alexandria to play around with this as well.  He might pop in from time to time.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 08:43:53 AM »
I have no idea what's up with Google and Amazon.  For each of them, they rejected my first attempt at playing with their tools.  2nd application with both of them, and I was approved.  For Amazon, I only made the very small change of adding the store link to the top of the site.  Can't hardly tell its there, yet approval.  I think they just do that to weed out people who aren't even a little persistent.  They have no idea.... :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2015, 09:25:28 AM »
It is probably to help weed out spammers or people who have no real reason for it.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 10:03:34 PM »
Changes for v11:

. removed google stuff because I'm violating the ToS by the way I'm doing things.
. refined the loading of the shard splash graphic.  Still not done yet, but should not lock up when trying to load something that's not there.
. client pull-down menu now catelogs all found client locations and keeps a record of the new ones added.  Also when it scans the XML file upon load, it will load a complete list of client locations but not duplicate
. Sorry, your XML file will be invalid again.
. I deleted the link to the google ad stuff, so previous version will no longer try and serve the google ads.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
Barring any unforseen circumstances, I should finish everything I had in mind for this program by the end of the weekend.  Not too bad having a 2 week turn around for this.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2015, 10:16:27 AM »
Error with V11

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
error1.PNG

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »
Let me change that specific ad to just a javascript link and see if the problem goes away...  Now you can say "Stupid IE"..  heh.. 

I'll post back when I make the change to the site file..
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2015, 10:26:18 AM »
Ok, I changed the link from iframe to javascript.  See if that works - you don't need to download anything - the change was server-side.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2015, 10:44:12 AM »
Error i get.

Just  abit of a background.  This is a fresh Windows 7 Install upgraded to SP1 and .net 4.  Internet explorer is the standard 8 with windows 7.  i will upgrade to IE 11 to see if that helps.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
error2.PNG

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2015, 10:48:34 AM »
Should still work with the bit older IE.  Let me post the version with the script error suppressed.  BRB..
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »
Ok, I posted version 12 that has the webbrowser script errors suppressed.  

I need to strip out all the BS code I wrote for the link clicking and just use good old basic control interfaces instead of the exotic kludge I had to come up with.  I'll work on that this weekend.  Clicking will still be a little wonky until then.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:56:32 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2015, 04:14:42 PM »
I've avoided need to make an installer for this, but I think I can't avoid it anymore.  I need a place to store temporary files from the shard images, and they just can't be cluttering wherever.  So I need to bite the bullet...
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2015, 04:42:54 PM »
For giggles, I packaged the program in the installer from InstallForge.  See how that seems to work for you:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=13014.msg107789#msg107789
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: