Author Topic: SUO Launcher  (Read 78042 times)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: SUO Launcher
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »
Allow Custom Patchs (mul Files\UOP) being downloaded from a shard, then use them on fly :)

So filepatching shards have it easyier to get people who want to play on multiple shards..

Aren't there a billion different file patching methods running from basic file replacement to incremental patching?  Sound like a fairly large can of worms unless I come up with a convention to use.  Freeshard conventions are kinda like herding flaming cats.  Not advised..

No, most provide Mulfiles\UOP Files on FTP or Weblink. You download and replace your own and thats it. That super old Tool back then did such work. Shard Owners provided data onto 1 link and on a standartized method. And the Tool checked crc, downloaded and linked the files..

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2015, 12:14:28 PM »
No, most provide Mulfiles\UOP Files on FTP or Weblink. You download and replace your own and thats it. That super old Tool back then did such work. Shard Owners provided data onto 1 link and on a standartized method. And the Tool checked crc, downloaded and linked the files..

That wouldn't be too bad then.  I could add another metatag explaining the file(s) to be downloaded.  I'm already doing basic file transfer grabbing the shard BMP.  Now that there's a useful data location for temporary stuff, I could establish a baseline so that a shard could download its changes, the user could play them, but then once complete the changes could be reverted.  Also, those files could then be resident so that they don't have to be downloaded again.  So that would be relatively doable and kinda straightforward.

Really, I didn't think too many freeshards use custom Mul/UOP.  Hmm.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:16:45 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2015, 01:30:16 PM »
Running this on Win 8.1 and running great. It saves shards and opens them like it should.

1. The ads work but the big box does not rotate ads, it is only one ad and though it flickers like it is changing, the same ad is always there. Amazon Prime
2. Bottom Ad bar shows one for SUO Amazon Store and one for normal Amazon Store (guessing that is by design but double checking. I no longer see the screenshot.

1. Oh, and I see what that flicker is about.  I forgot to remove the default reference to the AdSense link, so it's trying to perform that function only to get blocked by Google.  Sucks getting blacklisted I guess.  :)

74 clients launched so far! (according to my crystal ball!)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »
I added Boydon to this section so he can kick the tires a bit.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »
Minor issue that I found today....  Using my Favorites or personal doesn't work.. I can add to it but I cannot select them and launch them.  It always launches whatever is selected in the Public tab.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »
Minor issue that I found today....  Using my Favorites or personal doesn't work.. I can add to it but I cannot select them and launch them.  It always launches whatever is selected in the Public tab.

That's interesting - I'll have to look at that.  Really what happens is when you selected a tab and a row, the information is transfered up to the edit boxes.  From that information, transferred up to the boxes is actually used to perform the shard launch.  When you select the tab/row, do you see that information changing up in the edit boxes?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2015, 03:15:55 PM »
Actually I see that happening on the favorites tab, but my Personal tab works ok.  I was able to launch a shard with the associated login information to Rebirth, Alexandra and OSI without issue.  However, something is wonky with the Favorites for me.

I can see how I coded it and it might act strangely.  Lemme just fix it.  Looks like that's just old code before I enabled the other tabs.... Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:18:55 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »
Changes for v15:

. removed Google AdSense reference
. Added Hostgator to ad rotation in upper ad stamp
. Added verify dialog for delete of shard
. Fixed an issue Tidus found when trying to run a shard from the Favorites tab (and probably Personal as well)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:34:55 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »
Personal tab worked fine for me, I thought the favorites did as well but I will retest it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
Personal tab worked fine for me, I thought the favorites did as well but I will retest it.

I could see where it might work, but it could be random as well.  Now I took the random nature out of the equation.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2015, 08:37:13 AM »

Give v15 a whirl, Tidus.  It should fix the problem you were seeing.  I did a global search to see if the legacy tab handler was anywhere else (2 weeks is now legacy?!?) and that was the last instance of one tab rules them all!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
You Broke it!@  tee hee

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2015, 10:05:52 PM »
I put up another version of v16 where I'm playing with the UI a bit.  File is a bunch larger because of the embedded BMP.  Changing it to a jpg won't really help too much.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2015, 09:52:05 AM »
Well not that much larger now.  I got curious how much smaller the JPG background would be, and it was quite a bit smaller.  So the download went from >600k to around 150k.  Much more reasonable, and with the monochrome background, you really can't see the difference between the BMP and JPG.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2015, 09:27:06 AM »
I have some wondering when you will make this public. :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: