Author Topic: Zonealarm preventing access to/from other computer on my workgroup in wireless..  (Read 4440 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Ok we have a cable connection here w/ wireless router.  Everything is wireless except our playstation.  We connect through the router & i have configured two PC's to use the same workgroup name, allow file sharing so I can access files between the two.  With zonealarm off everything works fine.  With zonealarm on I cant access the other computer, nor access the one running zonealarm.  It's a pain to shut off zonealarm every time I want to access my script library ;(

Anyone know what program/proccess I need to set the proper access to?  Or is it another setting I need to adjust?

Thanks!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Make sure you open up port 139.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Bleh I searched all my tabs & can't find nowhere for port settings.  I guess that's the drawback of the free zonealarm!  I only have program control that I know of.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Hmm, you should still be able to free up ports in the freeware version....  It's just been forever since I've looked for that; I have a hardware firewall so I don't run a software one..
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Got it.  Free version dont have support for port setup, but there is an option where you change your security level.  Zone alarm was turning off my file sharing capability through my workgroup.  everything works great now.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Good deal.  Man, I do hate firewalls!!  Necessary evil I guess, but they can cause havoc.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Actually for a while I was using Comodo firewall and it was pretty good.
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Quagmire

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Quagmire has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Your a noob burgers q me ill fix for you have to allow your your computer super trusted not your whole having you whole network super trusted it stupid.. Just click the advance tab and enter ur specific domain or ip i like domain so i never have to change it.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
i hate to go there but i will. Do you know what corporation and who owns that corporation bought zone alarm a few years ago, and did you know that since they were boughtout, the sofware started calling home and checking in. I read it in wired a while back.  care to take a guess???
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Tags: