Author Topic: Tool uses counter.  (Read 2051 times)

Offline NellieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Nellie has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Tool uses counter.
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:02 AM »
How easy would it be to write a script that counts the amount of uses on a certain tool in your backpack i.e. i have 10 fletching tools in my bp and am in heartwood, i know i can make 37 - 40 lots of bows before my bp is full so would need to have 400 uses of a fletchers kit available.

Nel

Scrripty

Re: Tool uses counter.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 01:29:50 AM »
How easy would it be to write a script that counts the amount of uses on a certain tool in your backpack i.e. i have 10 fletching tools in my bp and am in heartwood, i know i can make 37 - 40 lots of bows before my bp is full so would need to have 400 uses of a fletchers kit available.

Nel

I believe you would have to event property each tool individually and parse the number of uses remaining on it somehow... unless there's another way I'm not thinking of...?

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 05:05:51 AM »
That's pretty much how I do it Twinkle McNugget, Event property on the tool, then with every use of it, I set the number of uses left - 1 until my internal count reaches zero.  Event property the next tool, rinse and repeat.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 06:29:42 AM »
On a difficulty scale for an expereniced scripter id give it a  0 0r 1 (its an annoyance not difficult)
for a medium experienced scripter 3-4  (strings can be tricky)
for a newbie scripter id give it a 7 or 8. (what are strings ? and how do you manipulate then)

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 09:11:55 AM »
I kinda browsed his code too, and he's not giving much time for the script to get to the vendor after it's found.  1 second isn't very much time when you recall in and search for the venor to walk to it also... :)

Tags: