Author Topic: Maddog's Rev Dispeller  (Read 5003 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Maddog's Rev Dispeller
« on: February 09, 2013, 10:25:37 PM »
PURPOSE:
To dispel any revs that show up nearby!

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Hit Play
2. Wait for revenants
3. Enjoy!

VERSION HISTORY:
Version 1.0
- First public release
- Will cast normal Dispel (not Mass Dispel) and target any revenants within 12 tiles
- There is a 5-second timeout for casting as well as an interrupt check to start re-casting immediately
- Faster Cast Recovery is NOT taken into account so you may see some "You are already casting a spell" messages if you get fizzled and it recasts too quickly. Don't worry, it'll try again!

**Tips:
- Use Protection so you never fizzle!
- Have 2/6 casting to make it as quick as possible

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Maddog's Rev Dispeller v1.0.txt
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Maddog's Rev Dispeller
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
I know many may think "Why not use Mass Dispel?" so here's why I wrote this:

When my guild does a harrower, we use 6 x Rising Colossi and that way we can sit back and watch and no one gets pulled in and the harrower does not move. When the harrower casts a revenant however, it might latch onto a player, or it might start damaging one of the rising colossi. You CAN just discord it so it makes it a lot more difficult for the rev to do damage (and the harry can't cast another one), but that can be a pain, so it's easier for my discord/mage/protector to simply dispel them, hence the targeted NORMAL Dispel instead of Mass Dispel (so we don't make all the R.C.s go POOF!)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »
Jeez, just tell everyone and their mom the easiest way to do a harrower why don't you!!!! BAH!!!

Very usefull Actually. I don't remember Revenants being an issue the last time I did a harrower, but then again I also remember Knight of Justice lasting more than 2 Spawns... Things have changed while I was working on other projects.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »
So how much eval is needed?

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:36:52 AM »
I wrote pretty much the same script, when I fight Mel, or the dark father

Tags: revenant