Author Topic: Interesting....  (Read 1936 times)

Offline ThimottyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Thimotty has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Interesting....
« on: July 25, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »
I like to make a backup of my uo folder from time to time. I have done the following test:
I have restored an older version of the game. Not only the client.exe but the entire game with all files. Then with "XN Resource Editor" i edited only the "client.exe" and changed only the "File Version" from 7.0.1.1 to 7.0.8.0. Guess what - i was able to login and play without any problems (probably i didn't try to access anything new, and if i have it would probably crash). The point is that OSI was totally fooled, however the easyuo was not. I even tried with hex editor to change the last value of the supported versions list in easyuo from 7.0.3.1 to 7.0.8.0 and it still didn't work. But since the game was working i think no memory locations, variable names, functions or classes have been changed in the client (as CEO stated at the last major update) and easyuo was deliberately made not to work with any new version.
Please tell me I'm wrong.....

Scrripty

Re: Interesting....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »
Changing the file version isnt going to fix the client encryption that allows easyuo to work when patched.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »
It changes it enough to allow me to login and play?!?!?!?! Which means the encription is the same, the packets are the same, the client is the same with the version that easyuo was working with. The only difference is the "File Version" which i manually change. Also how come the razor is working without any update and it has the same functionality (limited by the interface only)?

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:05:01 PM »
I'm sure we'll find out.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile