Author Topic: Shutter  (Read 8599 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Shutter
« on: August 05, 2008, 03:31:16 AM »
You may or may not have heard of this release but it recently made it to DVD and I had the bum luck to have had to sit through it Sunday night.

I was really looking forward to watching a good, creepy movie when I picked this up. Boy did I pick the wrong movie. Perhaps if the concept hadn't been so overplayed that it's become cliche or, just maybe, if the writing wasn't so bad that it was reminiscent of watching a bunch of 6th graders put on their rendition of Grease at the local elementary school gym or maybe even if the direction was better than the directions you would get from an old Mainer sitting on the front porch of the general store ("uh-yeuh, you-ah gonna wanna head up route one they-ah 'til you pass the Tannah's old propahty. Damn place went up like a box of matches sher 'nuff, nevah seen nothin' like it. All grown ovah now though so gonna be tough to find it..."

Alas, it wasn't to be. Joshua Jackson and Rachael Taylor couldn't even save this with what I thought was excellent acting jobs as a result of the bad writing (the dialog wasn't believable for a second) and bad direction. They didn't have a chance. Even the couple of Rachael Taylor panty shots couldn't bring this old man back to life.

They should have named this movie Shudder, not because it was scary but because I shudder to think  that I spent a dollar on this at my local Redbox.

If you've never watched another thriller/ghost/horror movie before you might enjoy this one simply because the concept will be fresh and you'll have nothing good to compare it to.

XII
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:32:57 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Shutter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 07:49:40 AM »
Boy, they made this one look really cool with the previews too, bummer.  However "a little birdie" told me it was pretty bad also, so thank you for the confirmation.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: