Author Topic: SUO Launcher - Feedback  (Read 48236 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
SUO Launcher - Feedback
« on: March 05, 2015, 09:29:21 PM »
placeholder 1
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: SUO Launcher - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:29:33 PM »
Placeholder 2
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 08:21:35 AM »
@Trixta:

Here's a version that shows a dropdown of all clients the programs knows about.  It still only selects the first one, but at least you can tell if all your client sources are being found or if there are ones I don't know how to search for....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:32:56 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »
It should be possible to override everything and add a custom path.  Should probably do that anyhow...  I just need to write the code to associate a specific location of the client with a particular shard.  Not a big deal really.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:11:14 AM »
BTW, these are the registry keys I'm presently processing:

Code: [Select]
Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE").OpenSubKey("EA GAMES").OpenSubKey("Ultima Online Samurai Empire");
Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE").OpenSubKey("Origin Worlds Online").OpenSubKey("Ultima Online").OpenSubKey(@"1.0");
Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE").OpenSubKey("Electronic Arts").OpenSubKey("EA Games").OpenSubKey("Ultima Online Classic");
Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE").OpenSubKey("Wow6432Node").OpenSubKey("Electronic Arts").OpenSubKey("EA Games").OpenSubKey("Ultima Online Classic");

FYI
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »
Aye,

This particular client Is on my desktop. Had to throw it there one day and never moved it back haha.

Is it impossible to make the Header area editable ?
We can edit the other areas, I.E. shard name, shard address etc.

This is not likely a common issue, since I play a billion free servers with custom content and keep different folders with uo in them :P
Most folks will only have a few folders and typically do not edit their registry like me :P   :D  :D

P.S.  that version works, and is editable  (:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:40:06 AM by Trixta »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »
It's relatively easy.  I already started work on it.  Your issue is pretty common actually, so that's why it's kinda nice to let a few other people test to try and figure out how to make it work well with the greatest number of people.

This program is well suited for you if you play a bunch of servers.  Already I find it nice to bounce between my 2 OSI accounts, 3 Alexandra accounts and 1 RebirthUO account.

When you say "works" you can't mean it runs your client from your desktop?  That would be magic right as it's presently coded.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:16:47 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 03:34:12 PM »
It's relatively easy.  I already started work on it.  Your issue is pretty common actually, so that's why it's kinda nice to let a few other people test to try and figure out how to make it work well with the greatest number of people.

This program is well suited for you if you play a bunch of servers.  Already I find it nice to bounce between my 2 OSI accounts, 3 Alexandra accounts and 1 RebirthUO account.

When you say "works" you can't mean it runs your client from your desktop?  That would be magic right as it's presently coded.  ;)

Correct, I should have said that the header is editable, I have not tested the launch yet, I had to pick up my daughter from the dentist :P
I am sure I'll have to play with my registry, and or path the client via the editable launcher. 

Unless you are saying I cannot edit it even though it allows me to type into it? LOL

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 05:16:41 PM »
It'll still try and launch from the first directory it finds regardless of your hand-entry.  I'll see if I can bring better functionality out tonight sometime.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
No worries,

I tried to copy paste and also hand key into that header,(while it does allow me to edit the header now) it does not allow me to save it or launch by manually doing it :P

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »
Here is what I usually do when using Steam or Razor.

It has options to allow me to Browse where i want it to launch from ...

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Razor main screen.jpg
UOS main screen.jpg

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »
Good, what I'm doing will pretty much does exactly that.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »
I can add and save new shards to the personal and favorites but not the public. Is that by design? I guess there really isn't a reason to have a server in more than one tab, I guess I am more curious about it than anything.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 09:15:37 PM »
I can add and save new shards to the personal and favorites but not the public. Is that by design? I guess there really isn't a reason to have a server in more than one tab, I guess I am more curious about it than anything.

Yes, that's by design.  The public tab is "built in" shards that either come with the program or eventually come with an approved list of "SUO friendly" shards.  Anything else added will go to the other 2 tabs.  If you drag a link (see the very bottom of the ScriptUO.com website for the "SUO Launcher" link) to see that those are always added to the personal tab first.  After that you can add your account information and further organize them by moving them to your favorites.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 05:46:05 AM »
OK - downloaded the file above
extracted to desktop
changed to admin using compatibility tab
run app
then nothing or error message

I am running malware bytes and Microsoft security

Tags: