Author Topic: SVN Serve anyone?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
SVN Serve anyone?
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:16:06 PM »
I have been tinkering with tortoiseSVN on my desktop and now I want to access my repository on my laptop.  I don't think I need to go the apache server route so I thought I would go with svnserve.  But it seems like all of the links I find are to downloading the apache verion of svnserve.  Do any of you use svnserve and have a link to a working download?  If you have used it, how has it worked for you?
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: SVN Serve anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:24:06 PM »
You should just be able to share one of your Windows drives.  That's what I do anyhow.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
You should just be able to share one of your Windows drives.  That's what I do anyhow.
Or Google Account and save your scripts into your account. you can space 1GB Files there, can save multiple revisions of a File and 4 ways to control your files:
Public for all (Think then its listed in google,too)
Private Only(Only you)
Link Only(Only who have the link can download)
Mail Only(Only the Mail adresses who are inserted have access to the specific file).
Thats how i save my scripts. I can write here save as a Version.. Later in Company fix it and save it as revision. At home i can download the revision and test, if not working, i could use the first version as well..

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
Go to this page and give these links a try. I think the first one was the one I use.

http://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion/

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
I have a windows server 2008 64-bit server and run VisualSVN and use subclipse for subversion control in Eclipse to do Android app development. Works beautifull!

If you're using Windows, I'd highly recommend it!

http://www.visualsvn.com/server/
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 04:53:36 AM »
Thanks for the responses, I'll give these a try.
Started playing back at the Second Age

Tags: subversion