Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 484724 times)

Offline Ketchup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #795 on: June 27, 2015, 08:51:17 AM »
Yeah I've been learning a bit here and there, understanding more and more as I look at things, I'm Trying :)

Offline RowenLacour

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RowenLacour has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 27, 2015, 09:06:28 AM »
First script I've used since joining this wonderful site! So far I've been fishing for 2 hours and I've already fished up 10 serpents. I understand that free shards are not supported since it would be a pain with all of the different designs. The only issue so far running on UO:Demise is that serpent corpses stop the boat. Because of this most of the time I have to manually walk one step to get close enough to loot the corpse. Not a big deal at all but at some point I think I will try and have the script step over one step and back one when finished. Overall this script has been incredible!

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #797 on: June 27, 2015, 11:05:15 AM »
Wow, it's amazing that Demise has that bug still!  We fixed that on RebirthUO the week I came on board and noticed it!

Since RebirthUO *had* the same bug, I modified the script to take that step you're looking for.  I need to post that, but I'm not sure I made changes that would break OSI.  Lemme look into it.  I'd post patch code, but it looks like the differences are a bit too involved for you to fix with just patching.  released version is 30b, but I'm using 30e.  :)  Some evolution there....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:06:53 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline RowenLacour

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 27, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »
Any looking into it you are willing to do would be greatly appreciated. I've had a little bit of success adding lines to step toward the corpse once it's within two tiles. I now need to work on returning to the center of the ship afterwards and find a way to move either left or right if the serpent dies at the front of the ship so it won't keep trying to move forward through it. So far so good though. The real difficulty is waiting for a new serpent to spawn to test my changes.  :o

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 27, 2015, 02:36:15 PM »
Wow, it's amazing that Demise has that bug still!  We fixed that on RebirthUO the week I came on board and noticed it!

Since RebirthUO *had* the same bug, I modified the script to take that step you're looking for.  I need to post that, but I'm not sure I made changes that would break OSI.  Lemme look into it.  I'd post patch code, but it looks like the differences are a bit too involved for you to fix with just patching.  released version is 30b, but I'm using 30e.  :)  Some evolution there....

Maybe name one Free Shard Edition and post that along with the most current version?

Offline RowenLacour

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 27, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »
Ok still working at it and I now have it walk the last step to the corpse and back to the spot in the center of the boat in a round about way. Not sure if I've fixed trying to drive the boat over the serpent yet. Only time will tell.  :-\

Still amazed by how well this script works though. I hope some day I'll learn enough about this scripting language to design my own with this kind of functionality.

Edit: 12 Serpents so far without getting hung up! Think I got 'er nailed down.  8)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:35:05 PM by RowenLacour »

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 04, 2015, 05:15:18 PM »
any idea why after i get cursed by sea serpent and it wears off I stand there casting protection over and over and over and ... well you get the point.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #802 on: September 04, 2015, 05:20:21 PM »
I'm assuming you had protection cast to begin with?  Also did your status gump close?  Protection will only cast when your #AR value doesn't match the %AR value that's sampled right after the question that asks if you have protection currently enabled.  For this script to work, YOU MUST HAVE PROTECTION CAST and the status gump must stay open.  Actually protection might cast over and over, but only until curse wears off.  It doesn't happen all that often, so enjoy that feature.  It's not worth taking the extra effort to put in status gump handling. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:29:01 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Lillianna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Lillianna has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 04, 2015, 05:50:06 PM »
Just as an fyi, I have noticed that if I remove a piece of armor while the script is running this will happen. By any chance is the curse causing any armor to drop off?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #804 on: September 04, 2015, 06:22:38 PM »
Just as an fyi, I have noticed that if I remove a piece of armor while the script is running this will happen. By any chance is the curse causing any armor to drop off?

Brilliant!  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 04, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
no armor is falling off and yes protection is cast prior to starting script so let me let it run longer and see if it actually stops

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 04, 2015, 08:05:31 PM »
Any of the armor badly in need of repair?
Starting with small boat facing north?

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 04, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »
not the armor.. all seems to be fine...have reinstalled both and apparently I have come across an issue somewhere lol. once it starts casting protection it never again stops. Spawn-O-Matic is whats happening!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:18:36 PM by gruntman »

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 04, 2015, 08:30:57 PM »
might have figured out the issue...will let you know here shortly... ;)....Heres what caused the issue...I already had 700 skill points used and realized after watching it closely again that i was losing points in resist which apparently was making the script think that protection had to be recast!!! Thank you to all that posted potential fixes...much appreciated!!
I always read the instructions and thought hmmm TM usually writes scripts without any issues so yeah you made your bed...lay in it....figured it out and putting Resist on stone made it go away :)

Thanks!
Tyee  ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:02:50 PM by gruntman »

Offline yan2099

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • yan2099 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 18, 2015, 11:12:25 AM »
Hello,

Anyone had this bug where after fishing out the starting spot (when you start the script)  it says slow forward then never stop to fish again? It just keep going forward forever haha.

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing