Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 484829 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #540 on: June 13, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »
So what do people do with the new fish?  Are they used for the fishing quests?  Do you just carve them up or should there be a setting to keep or carve them?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 13, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »
So what do people do with the new fish?  Are they used for the fishing quests?  Do you just carve them up or should there be a setting to keep or carve them?

If you intend to do the fishmongers quest (necessary if you want a 120 fishing scroll) you will want to keep ALL fish without cutting them up.

http://www.uoguide.com/Professional_Fisher_Quest Fishing quest

http://www.uoguide.com/Fish New Fish

And don't forget you don't wanna be throwing white nets solo anymore.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 13, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »
Do you just carve them up or should there be a setting to keep or carve them?

I just went in and commented out all the spots where it carves fish (simply unmarking "Carve Fish" didn't do it) I also added the new fish ID's to the stackables list for the bank run. Lemme know if you want the ID's again.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #543 on: June 13, 2013, 08:31:29 PM »
I've got'em already.  I'm in the process of updating for the new High Seas items.  Lemme know if there's something you'd like to see.

Edit:
Wow, it's been a while since I looked at this code.  I wrote this SOOO long ago; it's pretty crappy.  lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:50:22 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 14, 2013, 04:16:11 AM »
 My guess is she ran out of arrows..

Did you still have arrows in the bank? If so that's not it.
I am hereby retracting this statement.
This morning I was observing the script run. For whatever reason the script was not grabbing arrows from the bank, I did not realize what was happening until I had a double serp spawn and the char was standing there and not attacking. Out of arrows. A quick trip back to the bank revealed that there were thousands of arrows there waiting to be used. Dunno what's going on but I will try to recreate this and see where the problem is.
Nor is it restocking bandages. Quite odd.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:25:46 AM by Bookwyrm »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #545 on: June 14, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
*cough* Magery *cough*

Also, if you had 2 stacks of ammo in your bank, the script may have taken the last bit of one stack and that may have shorted your fill.  The stack drag subs in the quester will actually look through multiple stacks; this script isn't as intelligent for that.

So be sure you have only one ginormous stack of ammo in your bank.  If you accidentally have 2 stacks or one stack hidden under a rug, then you might get short changed and have those horrible sea serpents give you a wedgie. ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:45:47 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #546 on: June 14, 2013, 09:21:05 AM »
I'm kinda annoyed at this point with HS because of the weight of these new fish.  I went from 1-2 bank runs per fishing expedition to over 10 now.  Hope these extra fish are worth it!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 14, 2013, 09:30:36 AM »
I'm kinda annoyed at this point with HS because of the weight of these new fish.  I went from 1-2 bank runs per fishing expedition to over 10 now.  Hope these extra fish are worth it!

For some TM you will have to go to dungeons to fish for them !!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 14, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »
For some TM you will have to go to dungeons to fish for them !!

Not to mention Tokuno, Malas, and Ilsh.

And worth it? dunno about that.

Only items of true value from Fishing quest are the scrolls and they are damned hard to get. However if you are on a populous shard you should be able to sell the fish for good profits to other players.

Did you buy a tall ship yet?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #549 on: June 15, 2013, 05:52:31 PM »
No tall ship yet, but I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that since they are only $12.

I've got the script behaving with all the new fish.  I added an additional container in the bank just for the special fish.  I also account for the new trophy fish and cut up accordingly.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2013, 06:38:55 PM »
Yes and the Captain's Bundle comes with the Captain's Wheel (deco item that works like a sextant) and two ship dye tubs, one of which can only be gotten with the bundle.

Item type for the Great Barracuda is _lmz_ *note that that is the great barracuda and not the yellowtail barracuda. that is only a trophy fish and so tends to just stick in your pack until you find it :o

Getting ready to switch to tokuno to try and get some of those trophy fish. this will mark the first time I have put a boat in the water in tokuno.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 15, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »
Watch out for the pirates

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2013, 07:26:59 PM »
Watch out for the pirates

Yes,  you could run into them and get blocked and killed.  I'd say anti block becomes an issue with these giant ships.  The just block such a huge area.  Looting serpants is difficult too from a large boat. There is no reason to fish from a large boat.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2013, 10:32:12 PM »
Oh I use the FAF from a small legacy boat just as intended.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2013, 11:35:55 PM »
I guess fishing from a large boat would look "cool".  no?
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing