Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 484430 times)

Offline Narcissusg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Narcissusg has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #600 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »
Gets stuck in a loop saying:

Code: [Select]
You must first disarm a weapon before you can arm one.
You must wait to perform another action.
You must wait to perform another action.
The fishing pole must be equipped first.

For my purposes, I'm going to see if I can just edit out the arm/disarming code.

If that works, I'll try to figure out a way to detect if anything is equipped, THEN run the arm/disarm, ELSE go to equipping the pole.

Hope that makes sense and don't let my weak attempts at butchering your code prevent you from putting up an actual solution! heh!

EDIT: Ok, I removed the arm, disarm code and it appears to have worked.  I'll watch it for a few to be sure, but it did equip the pole and start fishing.

I'm going to make an attempt to detect if the character has a weapon in either hand, THEN have that hand unequip, then or else have it equip the pole.  Should work.  Maybe.  Gotta figure out how to detect what might be carried.  :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:35:33 PM by Narcissusg »

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #601 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
Yeh, that's the way arm/disarm work.  On your shard, you might just be able to drop the pole on your #CHARID, but on Alexandria (RunUO), you can't do that.  So you might need to 'seed' the script at first by arming the fishing pole (by hand), and then disarming it with the macro.

There's no way to detect what's carried without alot of code, but perhaps you can work with that code and a little prep work before you start your scripting session.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:03:43 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Narcissusg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Narcissusg has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 09, 2013, 09:58:51 PM »
Yeh, that's the way arm/disarm work.  On your shard, you might just be able to drop the pole on your #CHARID, but on Alexandria (RunUO), you can't do that.  So you might need to 'seed' the script at first by arming the fishing pole (by hand), and then disarming it with the macro.

I already tried to 'seed' the script by equipping the pole and then using the macro to disarm.  Script still did the same loop, although I didn't try a different item to seed it such as a spellbook or weapon. I could be wrong, but I don't see other items behaving anything differently which is why I just edited that out of the script.

There's no way to detect what's carried without alot of code, but perhaps you can work with that code and a little prep work before you start your scripting session.

EDIT: I misunderstood your meaning!  That is exactly what I've done.  Edited the code and as long as I don't have anything equipped when I start the script, I'm golden!

I think I'll start small like editing code to do an extra function of some type, test, try again, test, and eventually learn how to add, modify, and create larger, more complex things.  I'm NOT a programmer of any sort and while I've always tinkered a bit with scripts and mods and such, I have no idea how to do any of it efficiently or often, correctly.  My thought: start small, learn fast, and have less chance of giving up from getting overwhelmed. Any suggestions on scripting, programming and the like... feel free to pm me so we don't take over this (fantastic) thread.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:01:01 PM by Narcissusg »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #603 on: September 10, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
Honestly, that's probably how we all have started scripting.  I modified a script that didn't quite suite my needs, but tailored it for my own usage.  Then it just branches from there.  It's great fun and adds so many new layers to UO!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
Honestly, that's probably how we all have started scripting.  I modified a script that didn't quite suite my needs, but tailored it for my own usage.  Then it just branches from there.  It's great fun and adds so many new layers to UO!

I totally agree with this and I am a rookie :-)

Offline garg69

• Activity:
    0%
  • garg69 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »
What a great script! Works like a charm and wouldn't change a thing!!! ;)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »
Great, glad it works for you!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline cor_fal

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • cor_fal has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 21, 2013, 11:27:57 AM »
I'll definetly test it on my shard :)

Post Merge: September 21, 2013, 11:28:39 AM
Mmmm wait why i can't download the script? is it because i'm a newb here? :( *sigh*

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 21, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »
I'll definetly test it on my shard :)

Post Merge: September 21, 2013, 11:28:39 AM
Mmmm wait why i can't download the script? is it because i'm a newb here? :( *sigh*

Yup. Gonna have to post an introduction before restricted status will be lifted.
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=447.0
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 27, 2013, 05:31:50 AM »
I have been trying to run this script 24/7 with one account.

For some reason, it stops with a message indicating "you are almost overweight" then stops and eventually logs off the character. I suspect I am getting about 3-4 hours of fishing time in before this happens based on the counters.

I have tried both saving the high seas fish and cutting them up to see if that would help with the overweight message.

Playing on an OSI shard.

I saw the 41 pages and tried going thru them looking for something already addressing this but could not find.

Awesome script .....one of the best I have ever used (if not the best)!!

Any insight or help with a fix would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #610 on: September 27, 2013, 08:16:01 AM »
Hmm, I never get that.  What's your current strength?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 27, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
Current strength is 125.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #612 on: September 27, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
Hmm, dunno what's up.  I let it run constantly and could run for days if it wasn't for server down.  You may have to do some debugging to see where it's going errant for you.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 27, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
Yea..... I get an actual messag window telling me I'malmost overloaded....

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 28, 2013, 09:51:47 AM »
Yea..... I get an actual messag window telling me I'malmost overloaded....

What are you doing with the fish?  Are you fishing for mib's or fishing for fish?  I used to get that occasionally when I was using it to just fish for mib's, when it wouldn't or couldn't drop the fish to the deck and I'd fill up with the fish...  Do you use it with UOAssist and count on that to drop them?

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing