Author Topic: Blacksmith Trainer  (Read 37152 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Blacksmith Trainer
« on: January 21, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »
I was not having luck with CEO's smith trainer, so I wrote one yesterday.  I have only worked up one smith with it so far, so it could use some tire kicking.  I set it up to run through the most efficient ingot/skill use possible.  It stays between 50 and 60% success for the entire range until it hits about 110.  I left it running with boomerangs all the way to 120 as the items that increase difficulty from there increase the ingots per attempt by five times and don't seem worth making.  The code is in there to make decorative plate kabutos' though if you want to tinker with it.

Setup:

1. Be standing within range of a forge and anvil
2. Have a tinker kit in your backpack
3. Be able to reach a secure with your ingots in it
4. Have only iron ingots on the top layer of the secure as there is no check for other ingots
5. Don't have any of the item types that the script makes in your pack

Recommend you GM mining before training blacksmith to maximize recovery on smelting.
Don't have a newbie dagger in your pack.

Update 1 March 2011 - Version .30 (In Testing)

Added code to account for multiple ingot stacks/ types in secure
Added code to apply Siege Perilous RoT timer waits when the script is run in Siege
Modification to account for menu change from High Seas (Thanks SW!)

Script makes the following in this order:
Dagger
Mace
Cutlass
Scimitar
Broadsword
Kryss
Katana
Shuriken
Wakizashi
Plate Gorget
Circlet
Royal Circlet
Boomerang

Testing Notes:
I am seeing some hangups where the script makes the wrong item for a while and then they sit in your pack.  I am going to put in a failsafe for this and a couple of other issues and put in a menu for tracking when I have time to look at this again next month.  

I have been unable to reproduce Ultima's tinker kit error.  not sure what happened there.

I just ran it from 40 to 100 smithy on a gargoyle with 100 mining and a 120 blacksmithing skill cap: 18,000 ingots and 2.5 hours.
The total for 40 to 120 smithy on that gargoyle was: 41,250 ingots and approximately 12 hours.

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Blacksmith Trainer .20.txt
Blacksmith Trainer .30.txt
Blacksmith Trainer.txt
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:56:01 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
Re: Blacksmith Trainer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:18:55 AM »
Updated the craft gumps for publish 65
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:40:52 AM »
Paul.  Do a FINDITEM for daggers at the start of the script and ignore any in pack.  So people don't get upset that you killed their newbie dagger. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:03:40 AM »
I thought about that. I seem to remember not being able to smelt a blessed item recently and wanted to test it before I decided what to do with a blessed dagger. Seemed more generally applicable to have folks take it out of their bag until I sort that out. I suppose I could have it inventory your bag and ignore everything that you don't need for the script.

-Mario Andretti

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »
I thought about that. I seem to remember not being able to smelt a blessed item recently and wanted to test it before I decided what to do with a blessed dagger. Seemed more generally applicable to have folks take it out of their bag until I sort that out. I suppose I could have it inventory your bag and ignore everything that you don't need for the script.

Finditem * C_ , #backpackid
For #findindex 1 #findcnt
{
  ignoreitem #findid
}

:)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:46 AM »
It's a good ideas. I think I am going to start doing a backpack "cleanup" in my craft scripts that ignores the junk in your pack it doesn't need, or removes it if it will operate better without it in there.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:04:56 PM »
Paul wanted to test this out as I need to 120 some chars on other accounts. I got stuck where it asked me to double click the tinker kit and hit play. Couldn't get past that part not sure if anyone else has tested this and had similar issues or if I'm overlooking something.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 08:50:58 AM »
Did you use the round tinker kit or the metal pronged one? I have problems with some scripts if I don't use the round tinker kits. I'm not sure if this is your problem though.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »
I was using the round ones you reciece when crafting your own tinker tools via the tinkering menu.

Has anyone else given this script a go and gotten past the part I got stuck on?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
Ultima,

I just finished some testing on this and could not reproduce the problem you are having.  Have you been able to reproduce it?  If you can and it is paused, you should be able to see where it is in the script by pulling up the script window. If you happen to be able to, it might help me to know what sub you were in when it happened.  I suspect a lag issue and wonder if increasing the variable %gumpwait might help.  If you look near the bottom of the script, %gumpwait is set at 1.  Try bumping it to 3 or 4 and see if it helps.  You are not likely to notice the difference.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  If you can get me more information I will keep looking at the issue.   

-Mario Andretti

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
Paul,

Next time I work smithing on a character I'll give it another go. Might be awhile until I shoot over to another shard.

Last time I 120'D SMithing which was last week it was done via the BOD Runner :P

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »
running this right now.  started at 50 skill and will report back on how it works.  So far so good and up to 71.4 in a short time.  zero hitches.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »
Watch out!  Paul is turning into a scripting kinda guy!!

Makes one all warm and fuzzy.  heh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »
This is most likely the best blacksmith trainer I've ever used... Nice job Paul. :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 05:03:55 AM »
And I just went 50-99.0 using TurboSmith :(

I'll switch over once I stock up some ingots.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: