Author Topic: Scripting Question - Same TYPE ID  (Read 2871 times)

Offline GoliathTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Scripting Question - Same TYPE ID
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »
I have read the rules and I believe I am okay to ask this question.  I used to play years ago as mentioned in my "Introduction" and when I played before there was a specific mining script that I loved.  That script still exists to this day but was in need of some updating.  My friends also use the same script and have requested a few updates as well.  So I am working on the display making sure that counts add up/display properly.  I have now listed Crystalline Blackrock to the display but continue to have 2 issues that I might need a little input on.

1)  My Diamond count was clearly off because it was registering far more than the others.  Upon investigating the issue I have found that Small Blackrock and Diamonds share the same "TYPE" (UVF).  Is there a way to separate the two?

2)  I have made it so that Crstalline Blackrock will display but it keeps adding to the "Fire Ruby" count.  The coordinates of the display within the script are correct.  I was wondering... I had a hard time trying to figure out whether to classify the Crystalline Blackrock as an "ore" or a "jewel".  Is it possible that this is my issue?

I know it is difficult to see without posting the script but I do believe it is against rules since I am not the author of the script.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting Question - Same TYPE ID
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:31:55 PM »
1) What you have to do is do an Event Property on the item with the type of UVF then respond accordingly.
2) This sounds very much like it's script specific. It's ok to mention the script you are using, many people here may be familiar with it. It just isn't ok to post others' work without their consent.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:39:24 PM »
SpewyRunebookMining

It hasn't been updated since like 2005 I think?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
sounds like #2 is very possible the update coords or name in the menu that are being used.. possibly a copy paste that has it going in but then written over or the wrong value and the write coors.

# one is an event property #findid as stated above

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »
Actually, the other way you can handle #1, and this is the way I do it in my mining script, is to check for the color. if it's 0 then it's a diamond. Here's from my resourcecnt sub:

Code: [Select]
   if %ResType IN %BlackrockTypes && %ResCol <> 0
      {
      set %BlacCnt %BlacCnt + %ResCnt
      menu set BlacCntVal %BlacCnt
      return
      }

Anything that = 0 gets counted further down the sub.

X

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
LOL... I was already looking at your script.  I don't fully understand event property and such because I am not a programmer.  By trade I am a SharePoint Administrator but have always wanted to learn programming.  I firmly believe it will only help me in my career to learn it.  I liked that you didn't classify Crystalline Blackrock as either an ore or a jewel, but instead brought into its own category.  I see that you also did the same thing with the Small Blackrock.  After looking at the coding in your script I really like what I see and have downloaded it.  Setting it up as we speak ;D

I am going to look over your coding versus the old style of Spewy and try to make sense of things.  I plan to work with the old Spewy script to see if I can sorta train myself using yours as a reference.  I may not learn everything but being able to see things will help me to understand it a lot more.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 06:17:05 PM »
LOL... I was already looking at your script.  I don't fully understand event property and such because I am not a programmer.  By trade I am a SharePoint Administrator but have always wanted to learn programming.  I firmly believe it will only help me in my career to learn it.  I liked that you didn't classify Crystalline Blackrock as either an ore or a jewel, but instead brought into its own category.  I see that you also did the same thing with the Small Blackrock.  After looking at the coding in your script I really like what I see and have downloaded it.  Setting it up as we speak ;D

I am going to look over your coding versus the old style of Spewy and try to make sense of things.  I plan to work with the old Spewy script to see if I can sorta train myself using yours as a reference.  I may not learn everything but being able to see things will help me to understand it a lot more.
Spewy's was a great script but I hated having to manually set every single dig x/y coordinate. The XIIx Miner is automated, big + !! ;)

x

• Activity:
    0%