Author Topic: Where to begin!  (Read 1690 times)

Offline GoliathTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Where to begin!
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:06:32 AM »
Well... Since I have returned to the game I have began to rebuild all my characters :'(  I have enjoyed the fruits of everyone's hard work here and will obviously continue to reap the benefits of those willing to spill their knowledge onto these forums ;D

One of the things that I love to do in game is to setup a vendor where I sell imbued suits.  These suits are enhanced with all resists and what not that people grow to love.  It takes a fair amount of time to create these suits and at times I feel as though I cannot keep up with demand.  So... with all this in mind I have been curious at giving a script a try to help me in my merchant duties.

So here is my question:

I have been looking at the forums on where to begin.  I am a complete novice and have never really been a fan of programming so this may take some time to get into the groove.  I see a post "Tutorial 1 - Basic Script Flow" and wonder if this is where to begin?  I had a few Java programming courses in college but remember almost nothing from it.  I also remember reading something about starting with a post from EUO site but don't seem to be able to locate that information now?  My dream would be to create a script that will help to cut down the time it takes to make these suits and possible create something good enough to contribute to others.  Don't think that you will offend me by speaking beneath me or anything of that nature.  I sometimes wonder if buying a specific programming book would help me start but considering the talent displayed here I trust the input/direction that you all will provide.

What I would like to first accomplish:

I guess the first part that I wish to tackle is the creating of the armor pieces followed by the enhancement of each item.

1) I will need to grab resources from a container.  Make 15 of each armor piece and then place those into a "armor" bag.
2) Replace the leather.  Script will need to be able to grab enhancement materials and also need to grab the "armor" bag since the pieces can only be enhanced when in your backpack.

I realize this may sound like novice stuff to most of the well seasoned scripters, but I think this will be a great start and a considerable challenge considering my seriously novice state.

Well...There it is... punish me as you see fit  ;D

Offline balor

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • balor has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Where to begin!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
Hey G. How has it been going with you! Trying to get back into UO hurt my shoulder dec 27th and here it is almost august and hmm well here I am! Take care see yah about! Need to get my mic fixed so we can chat!

Tags: