Author Topic: Fishing Quests - Methods  (Read 5365 times)

Offline GoliathTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Fishing Quests - Methods
« on: October 01, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
A friend gave me a 110 fishing scroll and I have since worked myself up to 110 fishing.  Prior to this I haven't really given the fishing quests much of an effort.  Now that I am maxed at 110 and need to obtain a high level scroll I figure now is the best time to get involved.

So.. Who out there has the best method for fisherman questing?  I am curious to hear from others on what methods you are using and to see if there is a favored method to attacking this quest.  Any tips, explanations, and other information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline camotbik

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • camotbik has no influence.
  • Hello! I'm a UO addict.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing Quests - Methods
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »
Just farm enough* fish/crabs before and then travel to all towns to gather quests..
What you witness -- is whatver..
uogamers hybrid.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »
well i bounce across just the server lines that the towns are on and then recall.  you can save a lot of time just getting on teh same server instead of going all the way tot he town...  i also have a guy logged out at the docks that can gate my guy in once i have a couple quests from the floating docks full.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 03:52:53 PM »
well i bounce across just the server lines that the towns are on and then recall.  you can save a lot of time just getting on teh same server instead of going all the way tot he town...  i also have a guy logged out at the docks that can gate my guy in once i have a couple quests from the floating docks full.
Great idea about the extra character there for the gate.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
that is one of my favorites.  another way is to have a second character place a small boat and place it near the docks in the parkign zone.  pass the key to your main guy and let them recall to the boat and sail up drop quest and sail back and park again.  the extra boat assigned to a different character certainly makes it easier too.  the gate is the way though if u have the extra acct.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 05:33:16 AM »
Now that I have really been trucking on these fishing quests I thought I might share the method in hopes that it might help others or at least maybe one of the new members looking for some help later.

First I am using UOCartographer and I have marked places on the map indicating where the server lines are for each section.

Section 1 - Skara, Trinsic, Jhelom
  Section 2 - Brit
  Section 3 - Vesper
  Section 4 - Moonglow, Emporium
  Of course I have also marked the serpent for Papua.

Basically I will travel in a circle using a world map.
   Tip from friend ** Have a GM Cartographer make you a World Map because they are larger than the NPC maps **

Additionally, I took C2's advice (Much Thanks) and have a character from another account stationed at the emporium that opens a gate to my ship so that I can do the quest there without having to travel there each time.

Hopefully someone will benefit from this information:)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 05:59:55 AM »
you can gate using a single account if your fast enough.  

fisherman recalls home logs out
I login the char on the docs
he spawns a gate to myhouse then logs out
i login my fisherman and walk threw the gate.

It works fine as long as you don't get a phone call or lag hit or decide to make a sandwich in the middle of it
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 06:57:15 AM »
Good to know... But I will stick with having the other character standing there while I am questing.  It acts like Luna bank and the character doesn't log out for inactivity. 

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »
Hey The server line hop n recall works great and is awesome...  I was wondering if anyone know's what dungeon's have nice areas to fish without a lot of spawn?? Thanks a ton:)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
Hey The server line hop n recall works great and is awesome...  I was wondering if anyone know's what dungeon's have nice areas to fish without a lot of spawn?? Thanks a ton:)

shame, wrong use to have a good spot, ice dungeon has a lot, despise has a couple.  destard has some if you have a script with fighting abilities

Offline balor

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • balor has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »
Shame has the best I think on the 2nd level when you first get down there! good luck. you can also you use crab and lobster traps down there!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »

A toon other than my Fisherman placed a small (Legacy) ship at the Emporium docks and gave my Fisherman the key.  So, when I have a Quest that goes to the Emporium, I make sure that my Fisherman's Ship has crossed the server line for the Emporium and then recall to the key that is placed at the docks and then sail a tiny ways in.  This way I don't have to dual-client. 
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 07:36:05 PM »
Thanks C2 for your awesome answer :) Love your scripts!

Tags: