General > Site News

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

(1/5) > >>

TrailMyx:
So I've been out of the scripting business for quite a while now.  I've also been pretty much out of the UO business for even longer.  I think it's time for me to hang up everything for good.

So with that, at the end of the month I'm going to put the site into maintenance mode so that it can be used as a reference, but all new content and development will end.

Now if someone would like to step forward and take things over, we can talk about doing a transfer so that the site can proceed forward.  I've got some pretty high standards in that regard, so if it's not transferred to the right person(s) then I'd rather see it just go dormant.  This community has been through too much with losing content, so I don't want to see that happen and I won't let that happen.

So with that, it's been fun.  But as they say, "All good things do come to and end".

And yes, it's not April 1st.  heh

Gemviper:
Ouch, you're like one of the pillars keeping a lot of us "in the biz" (20 years later!). Sad news indeed.

--- Quote ---This community has been through too much with losing content, so I don't want to see that happen and I won't let that happen.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. Now that Cheffe is mostly dormant too anyone who doesn't know how to update after a patch will literally be unable to keep scripting, perhaps a guide on how to do update could be written by someone who knows the process? I'm able to write my own stuff at this point but have relied on you guys to keep updating since you know more than I do, I doubt I'm alone on that.

What about rebirth, still going to maintain that? When UO went down yesterday I actually played there for a lil bit, lol.

Anyway, all of the above is selfish but it comes to mind so I figured I'd mention it. My biggest feeling here however is simply thank you, for this community, these forums, and answering so many of my questions along the way. I wish you the best moving forward, it's literally been a pleasure learning from you.

All Hail the legendary TM!!

onlyindreams:
Well damn. This is worse than UO itself shutting down.

Thank you for everything TM! After UOC went down, you brought us all back together here. I appreciate your years of dedication to the community! It definitely won't be the same without you!

Rocko:
Thank you.
Post Merge: October 17, 2017, 02:35:41 PM
--- Quote from: Gemviper on October 17, 2017, 12:58:15 PM ---....anyone who doesn't know how to update after a patch will literally be unable to keep scripting, perhaps a guide on how to do update could be written by someone who knows the process?

All Hail the legendary TM!!

--- End quote ---

I second that.  I wish I knew how.  Anyway, thanks again TrailMyx.

pixijayne:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version