Author Topic: Callbacks..ug  (Read 3325 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Callbacks..ug
« on: July 12, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
Hiya Tm, ya, I'm still having issues with the RE and callbacks. I'm absolutely going bonkers with it. To keep it simple, I'll just attach the files and let some of all you take a look at what I'm doing wrong. I understand that KiD has got it down pat, so hopefully he can help in my dilemma.

Simple jist of the script is this. On the outer east side of Umbra, between the mountains and the forest line, the rail begins and takes you all the way down to the large black hole which drop you into the actual dungeon Doom. The callback is at the doors, opening them.

MSL8a is the rail file, and SSCB is the callback. Thanks for any light anyone can shed.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
MSL8a.txt
SSCB.txt

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Callbacks..ug
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
Can you give me a brief synopsis of the issues you are having or behavior?  Just so I know what I'm looking for.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 12:35:24 PM »
Oh, that was easy.  When I wrote this engine, I was still Miffy.  So there was a point in time when I was going to release all my stuff on EUO.  However when I changed to TrailMyx, I change all my variable names.  Most all:  (check out  !TM_CBPathOK)

Code: [Select]
set !TM_CBPathOK #TRUE ; let caller know that file was found
namespace push
namespace local entry_cb
set !success #FALSE
gosub %1
if !success = #FALSE
  display ok Warning, %1 is an unhandled callback.
namespace clear
namespace pop
exit
;---------------------------------------------

Sub SS_CB
set !success #TRUE
namespace push
namespace local SSCB
set %doors NJC_PJC_ZOC_XOC_XMC_ZMC
finditem %doors G_5
  for #findindex 1 #findcnt
  {
    set %door #findid
    set #lobjectid %door
    wait 10
    event macro 17
    wait 10
  }
namespace clear
namespace pop
return
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
When I test the playback from start to end, the single way point where I want the move+callback to occur, the move+callback function 'clones' itself and places another move+callback function to the same file and action, one waypoint after the first original move+callback is placed.  Sometimes the move+callback function is cloned and placed one waypoint prior to where I actually need it to occur. This is meant as a one way rail into the dungeon, so I don't need to attempt to open the doors if it were to go backwards.

I've been saving it religiously one small change at a time, and each time, the move+callback clones it self, calling the script too soon, and stopping the script.

Edit: I made the change, should this eliminate the double move+callback attempting?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:39:11 PM by Superslayer »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »
Also remember that you can't manipulate a door if you are farther than 2 spaces.  I suppose you could cast telekinesis?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 12:47:42 PM »
Ya, I have the Function Move+ Callback associated with the xy position that resides one tile beyond the doors.  The rail counts that index as 'arrived' even though it's 1 tile away, which works for me then since that way point effectively stops the character right at the face of the doors.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 12:52:13 PM »
Oh, I was just looking at the find distance from your callback.  You don't have a safeguard in there for those times when you might be 5 steps away.  If you are blocked 3 steps away, you'll get "you can't reach that" or some nonsense like that.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »
Ah, good call. Looking at the SSCB file, I do a finditem in a 5 tile radius and that's it.  I'll have to drop a "Move #findx #findy" 1 in there. Thnx for the catch  ;)

Tags: