Author Topic: ScriptUO Ubuntu or Mono  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Sp_BlackTopic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sp_Black has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
ScriptUO Ubuntu or Mono
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »
I was wondering if there is a way to run scriptUO on linux or a way to get something a bit more native on the linux side

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Ubuntu or Mono
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 02:36:20 AM »
I was wondering if there is a way to run scriptUO on linux or a way to get something a bit more native on the linux side
Hi Black. Please check out the forum rules in the New User Introduction section. Thanks.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO Ubuntu or Mono
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »
ScriptUO is a .NET joint like you've already noticed from your Mono reference, but it uses parts of the framework that aren't available in Mono yet.  So it's really not compatible at this time with anything under Linux.  What I've done when I'm in Linux and still want to run SUO is run either VMWare or Virtualbox in 'integrated desktop mode' so that it seems like SUO is running as a window within Linux, but is really running from within the virtual machine.  I have the virtual machine storage a share on my network a that's where I keep my script repository.  It's a round-about way to get SUO going, but it works pretty well.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: