Author Topic: Inflation in UO  (Read 1704 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Inflation in UO
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:53 AM »
Ok, so I finally got back online last night and spent some time wandering around Great Lakes.  It's pretty dead there, but what struck me was the prices of things.  I have about a million gold there and found that wouldn't buy me a rubber ducky!  My goodness how the inflation has gone rampant!

Heck, even 100m doesn't really help in UO anymore.  I do feel sorry for the noob that just discovers UO.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Inflation in UO
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
and that is why I play siege (and it has had some inflation also)

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:32:31 AM »
Yeah there are a couple of guys in the guild I am in that each have over a billion gold. ???
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
Ok, so I finally got back online last night and spent some time wandering around Great Lakes.  It's pretty dead there, but what struck me was the prices of things.  I have about a million gold there and found that wouldn't buy me a rubber ducky!  My goodness how the inflation has gone rampant!

Heck, even 100m doesn't really help in UO anymore.  I do feel sorry for the noob that just discovers UO.

UO have same issues as any other online game.. Mass income of Currency and less use. Hope there will be a break of curse in future, else i dont see how newbies can participate. On the other side you still can make some money in shame.. a friend with almost nothing made 200 mil on level 1 by bashing elementals with 0 luck :D

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »
Lol... yea there is a guy from ATL that posts on stratics & said hes made 84 BILLION in the last year farming shame w/ 6 accounts.   I regulary see him just outbid people by 50m just to make a point...   8400 mill checks heh.

Tags: